Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Life etc

Hi Guys

How many kms should tyres last? Fronts starting to look slightly worn after 6000k's.

How about rotating fronts to back and vv?

And assume replace in due course with same tyres as these seem to be a key part of the RColt grip. Rough idea of price Sydney?

cheers

I can't vouch for the expected mileage of the Advans, but they are a pretty soft compound tyre, and will wear out quicker than most normal road tyres - all depends on how you hard you drive! Definitely rotate your tyres front to back, this should increase your tyre life, and give even wear all round. I think I recall the cheapest price was around the $250 mark at a Bob Jane last time round.

Comment

rotated front to back, ive done 26,000 on the stock tyres, fronts are pretty shagged, will get them to rotate on service ( 2 weeks ) i reckon i still have 2/3 months left in them. I drive to work everyday also, but i still give them stick.

Comment

Both Chipokae & i, reckon 30 000km's a good mileage to change the tyres. As Coro said, frequent rotate and wheel balance will give you a better tyre life. Cheapest we found, is $225 at penrith Bob Janes. Got mine for $240 at Hornsby Bob Janes

Comment

yeh mate my first lot lasted 30,000k's but as lovecolt said with frequent wheel balance and rotation you should get more.. i'm doin it properly this set and will let y'all know how it goes when i've worn out the current lot.. could be waitin a while tho

Comment

Well I have done proper rotations, I have all 4 wheels evenly worn, at all mine need replacing, they are on the legal limit now. I do highway driving and have got 30,000 on them, and the are dangerous in the wet, spin 2nd Gear on boost, and have a lot of aquatic plaining. [when the are worn to limits]

I will be getting new tires next week.

expect to pay $250 each.

I will not be getting advans again as I did 30,000 in 9 months.

Comment

the advans have shocking roadnoise anyway

Comment

advan r pretty high end and get good reviews all arnd

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....VAN+Neova+AD07

i reckon 30,000km to....but tyres is another cost of a performance car same as with the 5000km service....gotta bite the bullet an live with the costs of a turbo performance car

macca dam 30k in 9months insane....if u doin this i get maybe 2 lots of rubbers....one for grip one for tread
                perth best price i found was 275$, rrp are like 395$ in yoko catalogue i believe...
                270$ was from tyres an more...yoko dealer in malaga...i prob get it from them since they r the dealer

Comment

I was told the actual type of tyre that came on the boat with the car is not available in aus due to not being dot approved...

If this is true;

1. Does that mean we can only buy australia's version of the yokie advan neuvo?

2. Is this aussie version as good as the imported one?

3. Has anyone bought the yokie advan neuvos here in aus and can review them compared to the imported ones?

4. Has anyone bought lesser tyres and care to comment on grip from them?

Comment

I was told the actual type of tyre that came on the boat with the car is not available in aus due to not being dot approved... If this is true;

I think they told some porky-pies to ya... I worked on a magazine tyre test a month or so ago and I asked both a Goodyear and a Dunlop engineer if DOT Rating meant anything and what constitutes a road legal tyre in Australia, both of them said DOT is "Deptartment Of Transport" a government body in the USA and that DOT ratings mean basically nothing in Australia. Cars being imported into Australia must comply with ADR's (that includes tyres apparently) and they are sold with the tyres they are tested with to pass the ADR's... You hear different stories from different people but their explanation made sense to me.

AD07's would be the same tyre world wide...

Me, I'd love a set of RE55S or A048's when the AD07's are shagged.

EDIT: There are some NSW rules for tyres in here...
                    http://rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi09_rev4.pdf

Comment

When the car first came out they were apparently scarse to find, but no problems now, the evo X is standard with them as with all the Lotus cars

Comment

Originally posted by fauxpas View Post
                        I was told the actual type of tyre that came on the boat with the car is not available in aus due to not being dot approved...

If this is true;

1. Does that mean we can only buy australia's version of the yokie advan neuvo?

2. Is this aussie version as good as the imported one?

3. Has anyone bought the yokie advan neuvos here in aus and can review them compared to the imported ones?

4. Has anyone bought lesser tyres and care to comment on grip from them?

1. I think there were dudes getting exact replacements about 4 months ago for $225 somewhere.

2. dunno

3. dunno

4. Heaps of people have said other brands aren't anywhere near as grippy.. but having said that I can't remember who. The stock tyres are excellent rubber, but $250 is a lot per corner.

Comment

i'm on my second set that were sourced from bob jane's and they're sweet.. just as good as the original set

Comment

Originally posted by aby82 View Post
                            i'm on my second set that were sourced from bob jane's and they're sweet.. just as good as the original set
                            Brand?
                            Price?
                            Size?

Comment

all i know is...when i saw yoko dealer for WA....he was like wtf r those tyres where u get them from...i was like they r stock....

so he ripped out some yoko catalogue which is a special catalogue for all the cars that come stock with yoko tyres....an in there....was our ralliart colt with the yoko tyres and all the details.....hence i guess prob no one will carry them on the shelf, used rarely i guess....and he says he gotta order them in...be like a couple of week etc....so i dont see how they dont apply to aust standards blah blah.....

since aust catalogue has the yoko tyre in it....u buy the car wit the yoko tyre

if u want other tyres...i think bridgestone potenza series
                              http://www.tirerack.com/tires/review...ke=Bridgestone
                              our advan r 'EXTREME Performance' tyre we got some fcukin tuff rubber on our cars....i think u either get the same or better....unless u not a crazy driver...but the link to the road is the rubber...no point gettin better brakes or power when u can't even grip or your tyres give up shit easy

full survey by 1000's of ppl on rubbers (not the penis type rubber ) ....
                              http://www.tirerack.com/tires/review...surveyComments

Comment

Working...
                              X