Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Magazine - Wakefield Park Lap time comparison

Was on another forum found this.
    Lists of lap times for cars from drivers John Boston, Warren Luff, Rick Bates
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...moUeQu0VP6yGKQ

The colt at row 139 has a time of number.
    1-Sep-2007 Mitsubishi Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart 75.10 1:15.10 Luff

Originally posted by Blaze View Post
    Was on another forum found this.
    Lists of lap times for cars from drivers John Boston, Warren Luff, Rick Bates
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...moUeQu0VP6yGKQ

The colt at row 139 has a time of number.
    1-Sep-2007 Mitsubishi Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart 75.10 1:15.10 Luff
    Pretty commendable time considering a Ralliart Lancer (albeit the Sportback which is heavier than the sedan) driven by the same driver, Warren Luff, only went round less than a second quicker.

The RColt is right up there with the Mini Cooper S, Golf GTi, Golf R32 - all those cars have more power than the RColt too.

Shows to be quite a performer by those numbers shown.

Comment

You left Sean Cleary our of that list of drivers

I feel sorry for the Colt... pitty Boz or Batesy wasn't behind the wheel.

Comment

or tsuchiya

Most of the other cars went for times twice or more, the colt only has one. Each of the other cars got faster after each drive so the colt would probably do the same.

Comment

faster than swift sport and fiesta xr4

Comment

Didn't the Colt archieved 1.14ish on the first Motor's BFYB and 1.15 flat on the second Motor's BFYB??

Either way, the rcolt definitely have potential.

Comment

is there any chance can see the video of how they drive ?.. it's very good to see these lap time.

Comment

lovecolt - Didn't the Colt archieved 1.14ish on the first Motor's BFYB and 1.15 flat on the second Motor's BFYB??

Either way, the rcolt definitely have potential.
                THe first BFYB was on a shortened circuit (38sec lap), the 2007 BFYB time was 1:15:12 which is probably the time listed on the link.

Comment

Open track Day at Wakefield this Monday 3rd August.

Comment

represent us boys

Comment

hey guys.. sorry if this has been asked before or whatever and will probably get flamed cos its in wrong thread or something but i just wanted to ask a question and sound like a newbie.. haha.. How do the track days work.. do you just pay your money and race anyone?? what are the rules and so on? sound stupid but i have never been.. been to WSID a million times to drag race when i owned my commodores but never been to a track (there powerful therefore drags but handle like shit therefore havent been racing)

thanks for any feedback

Comment

when i went to oran park, i arrived about 5 mins before the day was to start (not track time) and shortly after they called peoples names out, and gave them a braclet so they knew who was driving and who wasnt.

after about a hour, when the fog lifted, they took one group out with the safety car, showing us the track. then they let groups of 6 or 7 cars out at a time, for around 15-20 laps.

they did have a rule of no overtaking, unless it was extremly safe, or the person infront indicated it was ok to.

its great fun

Comment

sounds awesome paul.. so there are no dickheads who break the rules?? ie try and dangerously overtake you? i just dont wanna wreck the colt.. plus if your on a raceway your insured is voided..

Comment

Somethings else that might help you out with track days is membership with a CAMS affiliated club (greater access to various track days etc), a basic CAMS license, securely mounted fire extinguisher, secondary bonnet tie down, electrostatic (removeable) blue triangle to indicate to marshals where your battery is located, and the most obvious one - a helmet & suitable clothing!

Oh, and if anybody acts like a dickhead, then they usually get dragged next time they come past the pits!

Comment

there was a skyline who (after everyone agreed not to) was drifing down the straight, as i was trying to pass

Comment

Working...
                              X