Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08 rim width, choice of tyre

Bros,

does anyone know if a 215/45/16 fits safely on the stock 08 rim? what is the width?

thinking of either getting replacement 16s, or getting combo 17's rims and tyres for this next lot. 17's could then go 215 40 17?

thoughts?

I have been running 215/45/16 on my 6.5" wide tyres for years

Comment

I've recently put Federal 595-RSR's in 205/45R16 on my stock 08 wheels. They are certainly wider than the stock AD07's, and thus far, I think they are better in everything, bar hard wet cornering.
      Once my new 17's get here, I think I'll go 595-RSR's on them too.

Comment

what did you pay for the RSR's? i got a price on 205/45/16 $240 a corner.

Comment

For the 16's, I paid $182 each

Comment

I think most of the guys have been sourcing their federals and Kumhos from Option1 in QLD.

Comment

my price was fitted.

@ runuts, how can the feds be wider than the stock AD07's? they are both 205's

i think im gunna go feds, however still looking at prices

Comment

Well all manufactures measure their width at different places. I'm not sure of the tread width, but it's got distinctly more sidewall bulge than the AD07's

Comment

AD07's always had a very square shoulder and very stiff sidewalls when compared to a lot of other Hi-po tyres, if you are after some harder wearing tyres that will have a decent lifespan without compromising too much on grip, a few guys including myself are running the Toyo T1R's and they were only around $180 a corner, fitting didn't cost much at all from the local Tyrepower.

Comment

I paid $175 for My rsr's then fitting.

I found the rsr's have soft sidewalls and show it with buldging sidewalls and proper pressures

Comment

got me some fed evo's ordered today. nearly went rsr's, however, going into winter, i thought a bit more water dispersion will be required. for 195 a tyre fitted, thought they are worth a try anywho.

Comment

Working...
                      X