Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Tyres Review Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • yes, it means prefer/better than tony .. but forget the T1Rs not up to scratch in the wet at all.

    Have the Bridgestone RE002s now in 205/45/16 and they are excellent .. so excellent that I want to buy them for all my future cars !

    They performed admirably on the track and has been good in the wet. Dry grip is excellent. Rate them on par with the AD07s for dry performance on road - on the track I'd give the AD07s just a slight edge as they seem to last more laps before squirming however that may have to do with the time of year i went to wakefield and the temps on the track on those days.

    Comment


    • Im thinking about the re002 as well. They are only $165 at bridgestone centre in liverpool for the 205/45/16 size.

      So very tempting.

      Comment


      • That's damn cheap for Re002's. I was almost going to get KU36's for $160ea in mid October!

        Comment


        • Tyre Brand: Bridgestone
          Tyre Model: Re002 treadwear 220 made in Thailand
          Tyre Size: 205/45/16 on 16x7 rim

          Comments:

          Had had these tyres for over a week now. First noticed alot more quiete and smooth
          Straight line grip seems to be good but handling wise seems abit soft on cornering.
          Definately softer then my previous ad07 and ku36. Squeals around corners/roundabouts with abit more body roll.
          Cost $165 from Jax
          Definately a good price for the street but will be looking at a dedicated set of proper semis for track.

          Comment


          • Re002 arent the same class of tyres as the ku36
            Last edited by espionage8; 14-12-2013, 09:27 PM.

            Comment


            • odysseyesm
              odysseyesm commented
              Editing a comment
              Tru dat, RE002 is a street tyre. KU36 should be noticeably better.

          • I grabbed some RE002 for my car and I'm pretty happy with them. For a car predominantly used as a daily they're great - $160ea from Kmart of all places in a 205/45-16.

            Comment


            • Blaze
              Blaze commented
              Editing a comment
              It is a great tyre for general street use. I expected more from them after reading some reviews on another forum.
              On a mates civic. They dont break traction and have greater corner speed then mine.
              Wet roads it is definately better then my previous tyres

          • Almost a year and no tyre reviews ?. Mine orginally came fitted with Westlake SA01 and another Chinese brand (Ling Long or Greenway) anyway..utter death traps with tramlining at open road speed and zero grip in dry and wet.

            Switched to Falken ZE912 and very happy, I run these on my modified Subaru Legacy (pumping out 181 kw atw) and and the colt putting down 120 kw atw. Good dry and wet grip, quiet and nice stability in staight line.


            Comment


            • Over a year now and 25kkms driven.

              Have only just rotated the tyres from the back to front.

              Great even wear and still great street tyre

              have only just rotated

              Originally posted by Blaze View Post
              Tyre Brand: Bridgestone
              Tyre Model: Re002 treadwear 220 made in Thailand
              Tyre Size: 205/45/16 on 16x7 rim

              Comments:

              Had had these tyres for over a week now. First noticed alot more quiete and smooth
              Straight line grip seems to be good but handling wise seems abit soft on cornering.
              Definately softer then my previous ad07 and ku36. Squeals around corners/roundabouts with abit more body roll.
              Cost $165 from Jax
              Definately a good price for the street but will be looking at a dedicated set of proper semis for track.

              Comment


              • Yeh they are good for daily duties - I rate them too. Same sizes and price but I got mine from K mart.

                Comment


                • Hey guys Was wondering if anyone has used Falken ZE912? I can get them for a really good deal and was wondering what peoples opinion of them was. The other alternatives are the cheaper Viking tyre and more expensive Pirelli P1, however I can also get a good deal on both Cheers MAZ

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Mazin1978 View Post
                    Hey guys Was wondering if anyone has used Falken ZE912? I can get them for a really good deal and was wondering what peoples opinion of them was. The other alternatives are the cheaper Viking tyre and more expensive Pirelli P1, however I can also get a good deal on both Cheers MAZ

                    Grab them !!!. I use these on my modded Colt and also a Legacy GT Spec B, they are a great tyre. Prior to these cars I also had them on a FTO GR (V6) and a highly modded MR2 (205 rwkw).

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by nzcolt View Post


                      Grab them !!!. I use these on my modded Colt and also a Legacy GT Spec B, they are a great tyre. Prior to these cars I also had them on a FTO GR (V6) and a highly modded MR2 (205 rwkw).

                      I have to disagree; I've had had the ZE912's for 45K and they may last but they are VERY VERY slippery when wet and do not have enough grip for my liking.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X