Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres Review

Hi all,

Seeing that a few of us here have different tyres on either our stock rims or aftermarket rims, it might be good for us to give a quick review of how your tyre fare against our stock AD07. This will help others when coming to pick another set of tyres.

Therefore, please follow the format below:

---------------------------------------------

Tyre Brand:
    Tyre Model:
    Tyre Size:

Comments:

Tyre Brand: Hankook
    Tyre Model: RS2
    Tyre Size: 215/40/R17

Comments:
    This tyre grips very well on the dry. It could be because of the extra 215 profile (stock's 205), but it does allow me to corner with confidence. However, in wet, its alot worse than my old AD07. Review said AD07's crap in wet.....but AD07 seems as grippy to me as when dry. For road noise, somehow these hankook's louder than my AD07

Overall, i can't complain as its on special for $120 each Very good for the money if you ask me.

Comment

hey ryan

tks for the review...i am actually going for 215/45/R16 with RS2 soon...

Comment

Originally posted by ColtVerR View Post
        hey ryan

tks for the review...i am actually going for 215/45/R16 with RS2 soon...
        215 on the stock rims or aftermarket?? I hope its aftermarket with a wider width as 205's the max of what the stock rims can hold

Remember to come back and leave your review on it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by lovecolt View Post
          215 on the stock rims or aftermarket?? I hope its aftermarket with a wider width as 205's the max of what the stock rims can hold

Remember to come back and leave your review on it as well.
          yupz!! Im on aftermkt rims 16 x 7JJ...no issues with 215....

Comment

Tyre Brand: Lexani
            Tyre Model: L3500
            Tyre Size:205/40/R17

Comments: they are shiit... got them from ozzy tyres (they praised the hell out of the tyres for being heaps good) but there noisy and dont hold traction will upgrade them soon...

Comment

Tyre Brand:Kumho
              Tyre Model:KU31 Ecsta Sport
              Tyre Size:215/35Z R18

Comments: I have had no real hassles with these tyres so far, they are primarily used as my "town" tyres so I don't wear out my Yokohamas so quickly. They tramline a little due to the continuous middle tread section, are probably just as noisy as the Yokos, and they handle pretty well on the blacktop in the dry and wet - I've yet to have them let go on me (without goig too stupid).

The ride on these tyres is obviously quite harsh compared to the stock 16" yokohamas, with plenty of pitching about over road undulations, and some bad moments over some deep pot holes, but get on a nice smooth winding road and they handle great. If you want everyday comfort without sacrificing grip/handling, then I recommend you stick to 16" rims with yokos or something similar (Dunlop Sports?), as they ride much better and absorb most of what the crap Oz roads can dish out.

Comment

Tyre Brand: Toyo
                Tyre Model: Proxes 4

Comments:

Not a bad tyre but nowhere near as good as the advans. i think they go around $170~$190 each. they moan and groan when cornering hard where the yokohamas didn't. They seem to be wearing fine, no complaints.

Comment

Tyre Brand: Sumitomo
                  Tyre Model: HTR Z II
                  Tyre Size: 215 40/R17

Comments:
                  Handling
                  In the dry they don't handle as well as the AD07's - Probably tend to squirm around a little. In the wet I think they are superior to the AD07's.

Traction
                  Better than the ADO7's. Maybe as the tyres are a fraction wider (205 vs 215), but the Sumitomo don't wheel spin as much (dry or wet) and don't axle tramp like my AD07's did. Tramlines a little more than the AD07's but only a little more.

Comfort & Noise
                  More compliant ride and quieter too - not a massive difference but you could pick it up going directly from the AD07's to the Sumitomo.

Wear
                  Done approx 8,000km on the Sumitomo and they don't look like they've worn at all. The AD07's were approx 30% worn after 8,000km.

Price
                  Paid $170 a tyre for the Sumitomo but it's hard to directly compare this to the price of a 16inch AD07. The Sumitomo is a 40 profile X 17 inch vs AD07 a 45 profile X 16 inch. But would be much cheaper at the same size.

Overall
                  If you want a cheaper tyre for your day to day running the Sumitomo is better. More comfortable, quieter, better traction and wear with 8 tenth's of the AD07's handling.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by filofaith View Post
                    Tyre Brand: Lexani
                    Tyre Model: L3500

Comments: they are shiit... got them from ozzy tyres (they praised the hell out of the tyres for being heaps good) but there noisy and dont hold traction will upgrade them soon...
                    +1

I've got the same tyres on my 17s and they're horrible. Didn't expect anything else though :P

Will upgrade to Toyos sooner or later if i dont end up selling the car!

Comment

tyre brand:Falken
                      tyre model: fk 452
                      tyre size :215/40/16 on stock rims

these tyres kick ass there way cheaper then ad07s and they hold the the road very well . Off the line they have way more grip as well (less wheel spin) so im very happy

Comment

everyone seems to be saying that their alternative tyres are better than the AD07's off the mark in regards to having less wheel spin, but that should probably be expected since they AD07's are designed to maximise cornering speed, they are aimed at the circuit rather than the drag strip after all. They have very hard side walls and anything comparable in this department seems to be hard to find without going to a semi-slick. Hard side walls obviousley dont help much on the drag strip though where you actually want your tyres to compress a little.

I think it will be hard to match the AD07's cornering capabilities. Though the dunlop direzza sport Z1 "star spec" seem pretty good. Similar tread pattern, sidewalls are apparently of a comparable stiffness although treadwear is slightly higher. Being dunlop price is probably lower than the yoko's too. Although they dont seem to be available in aus, or at least not yet, they are not listed on the dunlop aus site... though it could just be out of date.

Comment

they'd wanna be able to back that up though wouldn't they, there's no bloody way the toyo proxes 4 are better than the ad07s and they're one of the more 'popular' tyres out there with the tyre shops

Comment

Originally posted by luke View Post
                            tyre brand:Falken
                            tyre model: fk 452
                            tyre size :215/40/16 on stock rims

these tyres kick ass there way cheaper then ad07s and they hold the the road very well . Off the line they have way more grip as well (less wheel spin) so im very happy
                            Don't share your enthusiasm for the FK452's. They are good for flower planters in your backyard... that's about it really.

Comment

Honestly i miss the AD07's heaps. I gonna get the new AD08's when the ventus wear out.

Comment

Working...
                              X