X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ----->>Rcolt wheel gallery

I thought it was about time I start up a wheel gallery for all those guys who are looking at modding there colts with a new set of wheels. This might include 16", 17" & 18" wheels, depending on whether they will be used for track duties of just for show. Please, if possible include wheel specs with your pics so we don't waste time looking at wheels that will never fit our colts!

Wheels in the gallery can include your current non-standard colt wheels, or just wheels that you think will suit a certain coloured colt (or just purely up to personal taste).

There are a huge range of wheels out there ranging from cheap accessible brands (BSA), right up to premium japanese wheels (Enkei, Rays etc.) I chose the former as I just wanted some nice looking rims that wouldn't cost thousands, and I could keep my stockies & advans for track/hills drives.

My wheels BSA Au-229 18x7.5, 35-45 offset, 215/35Z R18 Kumho tyres. I modded these by chucking the "vork/ravs" stickers, and horrid centre caps, then re-applied some ralliart decals - now they look much better!

Personally I think red colts need white or nice black deep dish rims, black colts with black deep dish or titanium/bronze finish, white colts - white, gold or black wheels again, silver colts -gold, silver & black, blue colts - silver/gunmetal, white maybe, and butterscotch - not sure yet!

I have added a couple of other BSA wheels, with the black Au-241's probably suiting black or red colts the best, they come in 17x7.5 114.3, 40 offset, and the hyper black Au-347 come in 17x7 and would suit any colt!

I think this is a good thread. Will try to dig out Jap RColt's pic with aftermarket rims and paste it on here for everyone's reference.

Comment

Would the 17x7, 4x100 fit our rcolts? I may sound dumb here but just confirming??

Comment

i think you'll need 4x114.3...

Comment

Originally posted by Frogman View Post
          i think you'll need 4x114.3...
          Correct. And you have to have rims of +43 offset.

Comment

Not necessarily Lovecolt, depending on the wheel design (deep dish or flat face), you may require a different offset for the wheel to clear both the guards and strut, as the +43 offset is just for the stock rcolt wheel. My 18" wheels required +40 offset, and a lot of 17x7.5 wheels I've seen also require +40 offset.

For those who are not too sure, I'd just choose a wheel that comes in a range of offsets, and let the wheel shops determine what offset is necessary.

For those who would like to see how much clearance is allowed by there propose new wheels, I've attached a link for a wheel offset calculator!

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Comment

Not entirely true there Coro. You are right that +43 is for stock rims (which is always served as a reference) However, one also has to take the width (for example 17x7, where the x7 is the width) into consideration. Also, even if you have a matching offset to match the width of the rims, one also have to see if its sticking out of the wheel guard. Remember this, wheels sticking out of wheel guards, is a defect.

Comment

That is why we shoud leave it up to the experts on wheel offsets & clearance, but the offset will need to vary depending on the wheel design - hence why the replacement JDM 17x7" Ralliart wheels have an offset of +35 compared to the stock wheels +43 offset. The offset allows the wider rim to clear the strut, bu fill out the guards more. There is plenty of room in those colt guards to fit rims up to 7.5" in width, allowing for the correct offset that is!

Anyway, here are some rims from the cheaper end of the market that should fit.(17x7 Apec O.S. Racing in white or gun metal, Lenso VPD in 16x7 & 17x7, Apec X-Pession, Speedy Lite Fin 17x7.5 or 16x7, 17x7 Speedy Lite-7 Frosted (all wheels 114.3 x 4 )

Comment

thoes fin 7's are nice, what they worth?

Comment

Macca thoes fin 7's are nice, what they worth?
                    I'd say just over a grand for 16x7 with tyres, $1500 for 17" with tyres, 7 close to 1800 for 18". You will have to be careful with the Speedy wheels as a lot of them have a +45 offset, so if you are interested maybe contact your local distributor to double check! They sort of reminded me of the wheels on the new rcolt a bit.

In saying that, I noticed on the ozmazda forum that a guy was told that they wouldn't fit his MX5 due to the offset, so he bought them and they fitted perfectly - no scubbing at all! Sounds like some of these tyre places know a bit about wheels, but not much about the clearances on the cars themselves!

Macca they must fit the colt in the 16x7's as here is a photo to prove it, plus some other lite speedy wheels!

Comment

Just a few more choices of wheels that should fit our colts (mostly KSpeed rims). All are 17x7", 4x114.3 ,with just the KSpeed Nitro Black @ @17x7.5.

The pictured rims from left to right are: KSpeed Vertigo white, KSpeed Vertigo Gold, HP Vortex White, KSpeed Spec S Gold, KSpeed Spec S Black.

Comment

More again!

From left to right:KSpeed Pro Gear Black, KSpeed Nitro Black, KSpeed Kama White, silver & gold.

Comment

And more!

From left to right:Akuma Mars (very nice, as seen on the mini), Lenso Tenso GT-6, Lenso Tenso GF-7 Shadow, Lenso Tenso GF-7 Black.

Comment

Getting there!

From left to right: Lenso Tenso DC5 Copper Bronze (also comes in charcoal), KSpeed Reverb, KSpeed Daytona White (also comes in black, gold), KSpeed Circlar Bronze, Starcorp Racing Concept 9 (also comes in silver).

Comment

i want either the GF7's or DC5's, the dc5's are ultra light wheels at like 7.5kg each (stock ones are like 9?)

Comment

Working...
                              X