Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using KYB shocks? Will these fit?

Hi guys,

My mechanic replaced me rear oem shocks with KYB Excel-G rear shock absorbers because they were leaking.

I've secured a set of TMR springs, and just thinking of replacing the front shocks as well when I get the springs put in.

I searched the KYB site and came up with their part numbers but it says "MITSUBISHI COLT
    RG, ES & LS 1.5L 5 Door Incl. VRX (Excl. Turbo Ralliart) Hatchback" The Excl. Turbo Ralliart bit gets me a bit worried, would the front shocks fit?

Anyone else run a set up like this before? Or do people just go straight to coils once their shocks are fked?

People who upgrade to TMR or RSR springs, how old is too old for OEM stock shocks? My front are on 96,000kms atm..
    Last edited by alexual; 17-03-2013, 06:48 PM.

Hey guys, one of my front front shocks is leaking, after just 25,000 on my lowered springs, coil overs looks like a pricey option, can anyone vouch for the KYB shocks mentioned above?? are they a straight swap for stock items? are they a soft downgrade, that my springs will just mash.

Comment

I used them and it was fine, less crashy then stock. Not sure if this late reply will assist you at all though lol. what did you end up going with?

Comment

• Shac
        Shac commented
        Editing a comment
        Your late reply kinda helps but wanted to verify if you said you used the Excel-G for the regular colt on the Version R and it worked?. Was the part number 333476 and how did it last?
        Last edited by Shac; 02-08-2016, 10:24 AM.

If any wants to know, regular KYB MITSUBISHI COLT RG, ES & LS 1.5L 5 Door Incl. VRX (Excl. Turbo Ralliart) Hatchback shocks fit the Ralliart Version R. Part #333476 for front and #343497 for the rear.

Comment

Working...
      X