Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When adjusting the height on my coilovers, i had to wind up one side (increase spring preload) more than the other just to get the ride height equal for left and right sides. Is that normal? Is it because the static weight of the vehicle is different from left to right?

Comment

• Yup that's correct

Comment

• righto....thanks

Comment

• Just got the spacers Darren (ody) provided installed by the boys at JAX Liverpool - part of my new years resolution.

And I must say, no noise! Also, I did notice my car had a firmer ride?!? Much firmer than the kings i had previous. They did mention they had to adjust the springs for some reason.

Good recommendation Darren! How are yours Fizz?

Comment

• mine's going great, no issues whatsoever since i sorted that knocking noise coming from the rear shocks.

imo, i reckon the bilstein's are softer than the pedders setup previously. its more complaint over rough surfaces with better bump absorbtion. before with the pedders springs and oem shocks it just crashed over the bumps which felt like the suspension was about to fall apart.

Comment

• And the subtle blue and yellow tease when being viewed from behind is a plus

Comment

• Originally posted by RColt_Me View Post
                Just got the spacers Darren (ody) provided installed by the boys at JAX Liverpool - part of my new years resolution.

And I must say, no noise! Also, I did notice my car had a firmer ride?!? Much firmer than the kings i had previous. They did mention they had to adjust the springs for some reason.

Good recommendation Darren! How are yours Fizz?
                They would've had to reduce the preload to suit the thickness of the bush - 10mm.
                They're firmer than the stock shock with lowered springs for sure. Like Fizz says I don't reckon they're as 'crashy' as the stock shocks.
                I've got stiffer ralliart bushes on the upper front and rear on mine, I'm thinking of putting the stockers back in for daily drive duties though. The NVH is noticeably different (louder).
                Take the car for a spin through the tight stuff and press on a bit, the increased handling is quite noticeable. I thought that when ur pressing on a bit the bumps are less of an issue due to better high speed dampening.

Comment

• i could definitely feel the difference when going over bumps, especially those small annoying ones found in carparks.

I've actually asked them to raise it to fit 2 fingers in the guard, and no more scrubbing. I do miss the ride height thou, but I had to raise it so I can have some fun around bends without worrying about scrubbing. Looking forward to a nice cruise around some country winding roads, just waiting for day that's not too hot!

Comment

• Bilstein is the least reliable coilover brand that I have ever known! I have had mine installed for about 20000km and my right back damper was already leaking!!! Of course I had a warranty, but I still think that this is not supposed to happen after just 6 month!

I have the same problem on my Audi A4 Cab! And on the german colt forum it's the same story...

If I were to buy new coilovers I would go either for the KW coilovers or the K-Sport! For all the other coilovers we don't get the so called Tüv in Europe, so we are not allowed to use them on the public roads...

Greets

Alex

Comment

• Originally posted by Macca View Post
                      Well the stock camber tops fit the BC coilovers, That's how mine are, Mine never came with the BC ones.

It would all depend on if the BC coilovers use a plastic bearing for the steering like the stock suspension does.

Seems dat u r on BC Coilover.. Can I re-use BC top hat, plastic bearing & spring mount on bilstein coilover?

facing same issues on the front mounting... arghh..
                      (currently on BC and just got my bilstein)

Comment

• Originally posted by odysseyesm View Post
                        Just sent payment through to Htec - $94AUD inc postage.

I've attached the Mitsubishi image of the CZT front suspension.
                        Part numbers needed are:

The 40002 Plastic bearing is re-used from the ADM Colt.
                        I know some are saying the BC's would have been an easier option but I think the Bilsteins are better quality.
                        It's opinion so don't get all Bolshy on me if you don't agree; if you don't agree then get the BC or whatever else you want to get.
                        Are you able to cfirm the parts number, is it correct?

Code no 40162 40146 40002
                        parts no MR961798 MR961799 MR961796

Really hope that BC or stock top hat able to be re-use for the bilstein.

Last edited by lechaq; 02-05-2014, 01:56 AM.

Comment

• all depends on the diameter of the rod of the bilstein

Comment

• G'day Fellas,

I think I'll go with these - always been a fan of Bilstein. I've read through the thread and I'm a little confused about what's involved, what parts are needed, etc.

It would be great if someone who has been through this out could post a summary (what to get, where to get it from, what it costs, problems, etc)

Thanks in advance - Ken

Comment

Working...
                            X