X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilstein Coil overs

Found some Bilstein coilys for the Ralliart Colt.
    There's a listing specifying the 4G15T 'benzin' colt on the Bilstein international site, page 264 from memory - http://www.bilstein.de/en/downloads/catalogues.html.

Part number for Bilstein B14 coil overs to suit the 2004-2008 1.1 tidler right through to 1.5T, Di-D, CZC/CZT is 47-168053
    They are available through one of the members of the Oz Colt site Kenobi who runs a company called Htecelite, he's the UK rep for RPW products as well. Maybe Dave will get some in?

Go to the International Bilstein site or the UK site and type in the part number for a colour picture.
    If I can work this new fangled interweb, I'll post up the picture meself...

EDIT: Got a set delivered from Htec (Kenobi) 6/8/12, photos of the goodies during the unpack on page 5 to this thread. After fitting I'll put some more up. Ended up costing me $1090AUD including foreign transaction fee from my bank. Rang Terror and Kenobi direct and paid via debit card - lower fees that way.
    Last edited by odysseyesm; 06-08-2012, 10:31 PM. Reason: Photos

Mmmmm...so tempted to buy....but lacking funds at the moment lol

Comment

Anyone know the price?

Comment

Around $1kaud delivered, maybe a bit more depending on the current exchange rate.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mitsubish...#ht_1358wt_925

says fits the Colt CZT but not the new ralliart??

Comment

Although these are very good built quality but it's only fixed rate damping at 30%.

Only height adjustable which is also adjusting the preload of the springs not independent height adjustable.

I guess for the same price you might consider the BC Coilovers anyway as it has independent height, damping and preload adjust. Saw another brand called Yellow DPS on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YELLOW-DP...#ht_4005wt_925

Looks like it has the lot including camber top.

Comment

Originally posted by rokkuchan View Post
              http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mitsubish...#ht_1358wt_925

says fits the Colt CZT but not the new ralliart??
              Kenobi tells me they dont fit the new Euro Ralliart, the Oz models are fine.

Comment

another brand - XYZ ? Lol

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XYZ-SPORT...#ht_2863wt_966

Comment

Quite a few of us in UK are using the b14 kit and like them very much, probably the cheapest coilovers at 600. I haven't seen them fitted to the 5 door model though.

Also I've heard a b12 model is in development with adjustable damping.

Comment

I wonder how to B14 kit compares with the factory shock + lowered aftermarket springs combo in terms of ride harshness and handling.

Comment

i got quoted from Danny 720pounds delivered to Sydney Metro

I hoping to get it delivered next week then have it installed within two weeks from then.

Will post up an initial review when in my car =]

Comment

Yes, please do. Just under $1200 for a set of bilsteins is pretty good i reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by RColt_Me View Post
                          i got quoted from Danny 720pounds delivered to Sydney Metro=]
                          I was just thinking....was the price that u paid inclusive of VAT tax? Would they not deduct the tax if the buyer was outside the UK?

Comment

They look nice these coilovers but they dont offer much ride height adjust ability, keen to see pics when someone buys them

Comment

How often do you want to change ride height, rebound or the dampening rates on shockies?
                              I'd rather go for better quality over bells and whistles as I'm likely to set and forget - cant be arsed changing shit all the time when road conditions vary so much.
                              If I was building a track car then yeh sure but heaps of adjustment is OTT for what I want. Higher quality and have them last longer IMO.
                              I don't think anyone can argue Bilstein quality.
                              Last edited by odysseyesm; 21-06-2012, 12:17 AM. Reason: Stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X