X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for good shocks?

Do any companies do good adjustable dampening shocks for the colts?

No one makes any, Unless you can get some more of the Konis made.

Coilovers or yeh lol

Comment

Any thoughts on these? Via eBay. My colt has tein basics that must be past their use by date... I'm guessing it's the bump stops I'm hearing when I hit a bump or dip too quick (not very quick I might ad). I'm not after a race set up just sport I guess. Thanks for any thoughts, I need something soon! http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...13238&alt=web* BC Racing BR Coilovers Coilover to suit MITSUBISHI COLT 07~

Comment

I was hoping someone would chime-in regarding the Bilstein Coil overs in the thread below this one.

Comment

What do want to know?
          I've had my Bilsteins for quite a while now and they've been great. I did have one leak but it was fixed under warranty.

Starting from post number 133 in the Bilstein coil over link above is my current set-up.
          The BC coilovers are apparently pretty good people seem to be happy with them. Certainly less mucking about to go the BC option but my Bilsteins handle well and have been sweet since I installed them.

EDIT:
          Just read your post on the other thread.
          Basically the Bilsteins are made for the euro CZT and the spring is a narrower diameter than the Oz springs. This means you need to buy the upper mount bits from the euro CZT so the Bilstein B14s will bolt into your car.
          When you order the B14s from Kenobi at Htec Elite tell you have Australian Ralliart Colt and you him to order these CZT OEM Mitsubishi part numbers from a UK Mitsi dealer:
          • 40089B and 40089C should come in the Bilstein B14 kit you order from Kenobi.
          Once you get all those bits it should bolt straight in. You shouldn't need the 10mm bush I'm using in my car as I only ordered the 40162 & 40146 parts.
          There's piccy of the CZT front end with the above part numbers in post #85 in the Bilstein thread.
          Last edited by odysseyesm; 26-07-2014, 08:21 PM. Reason: More info.

Comment

Thanks mate - that's exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks - Ken

Comment

Apparently KYB do a shock called the SR Special that works well with lowering springs, sit somewhere between stock and a coilover in terms of performance. About $600NZ here for a full set. Or you can buy out of Japan.

Comment

Have u got a link at all?

Comment

KYB Part numbers are

NST5256 (Front)
                  NSF2074 (Rear)

Most sites for buying are Japanese, but Autolign in New Zealand reckon those numbers cross reference with a AUS/NZ KYB Part number and they can get them in for <$500NZ a full set. If they are indeed SR Specials then it would be a great plug n play option to compliment lowered springs for the Colt.

Comment

Thats interesting... Going to look into these

Comment

Im in talks at the moment with George Stock NZ who are KYB agent for New Zealand. Seems they may be able to get KYB Lowfer and SR Special, my last dealings with them price wise were good, managed to a whole set of Koni Yellow for MR2 for about $960NZ shipped.

The Lowfer has short body and is designed to run with Tein S Tech (or other similar lowered springs) BUT on the stock 15"\16" wheels. So it look like SR Special is the only one if you have +1/+2 size wheels.

Comment

Keep us up to date mate

Comment

SR Specials KYB Part #

NST5256R + NST5256L $473NZ
                          NSF2074 $253NZ

Total $726NZ

+ shipping to me $25NZ
                          + shipping to Australia approx $180 (4 x NZ post tubes, possibly cheaper via pack and send)

$888AUD shipped

Comment

That almost BC money, decisions decisions

Comment

Originally posted by Bobster View Post
                              That almost BC money, decisions decisions
                              Over here in NZ we have to pay $500 for a certification to get coilovers, so for street many people go for a good shock\spring combo, not to mention all the setup involved with coilovers, issues with pillowballs etc.

Unless of course you Track often, then coilovers may be better.

Comment

Working...
                              X