X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flexblade complete wiper replacements

Just a quick bit of info for those wanting to replace their main front wiper with something decent, I bought and fitted a Tridon Flex Blade which is a complete replacement for the original metal framed wiper assembly. All you have to do is pull down the latch on the original wiper mount, unhook it, and slide on the new assembly till it clicks into place, easy peezy. The new wiper works so much better than the complex stock setup due to more even pressure over the glass, also looks a hell of a lot better. I also replaced the smaller wiper setup with a complete replacement, but you can only buy the same as the stock setup (I don't look out that side of the window anyway!) The part number for the Flexblade is TFB26H and I bought mine from Supercheap, can't remember the price but it was reasonably cheap.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/7048/tridon.jpg
    http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/7768/wiper.jpg

I saw these also at my local supercheap a couple weeks ago. From memory they are around the $30-35 mark.

Comment

I got similar ones from eBay uk. Faux posted the link up.

Was 20something dollars. Last time when supercheap try didnt have the Bosch ones in our size.

Comment

Copy Cat, I got Bosch ones they are awesome and dont squeel or make any noise

Comment

I couldn't find any 300mm size ones.....

Comment

Originally posted by Satio View Post
            I couldn't find any 300mm size ones.....
            The 300mm ones don't come in the same type of single blade, you have to basically buy the same type that is already installed. That is unless someone else knows of another option for the smaller front windshield blade?

Tell a lie, I see on ebay you can get full aero wiper sets for both front wipers and the rear wiper for around $40-50au.

Comment

Are you talking about Flexblade or the Bosch Aerotwin? The TFB14H might suit the passenger side without trimming, as the oem wiper arms and blade seem to have an extra inch space (will find out tomorrow when I get mine). @ ~$35 per arm from supercheap.

Coro, what's the condition of your blades now, a few months down the track?

Comment

They're fine, m,ind you my window is pretty grubby at the moment - that's more down to not running some decent detergent/rainex or similar in the washer reservoir.

Comment

just purchased sca or whatever brand there is at supercheap. 14 buks for 2 very long ones. the two is enouogh to refill the front and rear wipers. you can just cut it.... don't need to be exact... geez...

...and it works great first time

Comment

I can confirm the TFB14H will fit the passenger side without modification needed (no scrubbing :P) I think Macca said he needed to trim the Bosch ones to fit, and Bosch don't make a specific set for the colt. The 'shark tooth' dirt print on the windscreen between the two wipers is also reduced.

My original wiper blades lasted me 2.5 years from new, hoping these Flexblades last 3 times the duration to compensate for the 3x price!

Comment

Originally posted by kalt View Post
                      I can confirm the TFB14H will fit the passenger side without modification needed (no scrubbing :P) I think Macca said he needed to trim the Bosch ones to fit, and Bosch don't make a specific set for the colt. The 'shark tooth' dirt print on the windscreen between the two wipers is also reduced.

My original wiper blades lasted me 2.5 years from new, hoping these Flexblades last 3 times the duration to compensate for the 3x price!
                      How about the driver side? what size?

Comment

Originally posted by Satio View Post
                        How about the driver side? what size?
                        Drivers side TFB26H
                        Passenger side TFB14H

Rear - ??? (guessing it will be TFB15H but I might try a 16" unless it's too big and wipes the rear brake light)

Comment

Update on eBay wipers...

I've tried several wipers off ebay... They all look the same but have subtle differences that make one wiper shit and one wiper gold...

I can confirm that these eBay wipers are on the gold side... Easy swap out, no squealing or wobbling and wipe perfectly... And well under $20 a set... So cheap, I bought 2... I can't confirm longevity yet but so far they're great... The OEM wipers were the worst part of the entire car...

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/a...stallSteps.gif
                          http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/a...21at201821.png

Comment

just ordered me some... this winter has been harsh over here!!!

Comment

nice man, ill have to bookmark than one, much cheaper than my $70 bosch set lol

Comment

Working...
                              X