X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ----->>Non-Warranty-Voiding Mods

As Jason has made me aware prior to a test drive, the rcolt comes with buckets of warranty.

Realistically then, what kind of intake/exhaust mods can be done while still maintaining warranty? Let alone boost control, turbo timer kashhhh kashhhh valves etc...

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...37/MR-Sig1.jpg

As long as your mod parts are from ralliart or OEM, you should be safe. Example, ralliart panel filters, Evo 8 MR BOV, ralliart intake pipings, ralliart suspension and etc

Comment

All we need now is a replacment ralliart ECU, unfortunately the lure of cheaper aftermarket options, other than ralliart products, will eventually lead to many warrantys not being honoured - in fact some owners couldn't give a hoot about the warranty (ie Darthrev) in the search for better performance. All depends on how deep your pockets are I guess!

Comment

It depends on what you want from the car??

If you want it 100% covered by warranty then OEM is the only way to go.

If you want mild mods then ralliart intake is great and do the cat back exhaust to flow better.

If you want a ball tearer then follow DarthREV and mod everything and then hold on.

Comment

I remember putting a full suspension kit through a new '95 Hyundai Excel... It was an absolute go-kart.

Useless for drags, but shamed larger cars on roads with corners in them...

If a few more legal kilowatts can be squeezed out with ralliart panel filters and exhaust bit and the chassis is up to the task, I won't be figuring on any big changes.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...37/MR-Sig1.jpg

Comment

If you speak with TMR, they can fit Ralliart parts to your car, and NOT void warranty/

Comment

will YR-ADVANCE parts void warranty??

Comment

Like any warranty claim that could be rejected by mitsu, the aftermarket/non-genuine/unoriginal part needs to be linked to the fault. For instance, if I replace the entire audio setup, and then encounter some electrical problems, they could say it was my A/V equipment or it was poorly installed. But if my diff blows up, they can't blame the A/V equipment...

Aftermarket body add-ons, say for stiffness, might allow a car to be driven harder, taking some braking/suspension components beyond their expected stress levels. This will never happen, but it can be proven, and that's why tyres/rims have a legal upgrade limit...

If you're into the YR-Advance stuff, I'd bolt it on, and simply remove it if a warranty claim is forthcoming!

Comment

Originally posted by fauxpas View Post
                  Like any warranty claim that could be rejected by mitsu, the aftermarket/non-genuine/unoriginal part needs to be linked to the fault. For instance, if I replace the entire audio setup, and then encounter some electrical problems, they could say it was my A/V equipment or it was poorly installed. But if my diff blows up, they can't blame the A/V equipment...

Aftermarket body add-ons, say for stiffness, might allow a car to be driven harder, taking some braking/suspension components beyond their expected stress levels. This will never happen, but it can be proven, and that's why tyres/rims have a legal upgrade limit...

If you're into the YR-Advance stuff, I'd bolt it on, and simply remove it if a warranty claim is forthcoming!

your a smart man faux.

yeah ive never really understood that warranty thing...i thought it was just any non genuine part voided warranty.

I emailed the people at YR-Advance to get a complete parts list they have for the colt. Because i found thier site fairly confusing!

Comment

You could always take a cue from McCoy (I think it was McCoy) who suggested building a relationship with your service guy and be up front and honest with them about your plans for modding your car as lying to them might just be the reason they void warranty...

Comment

Working...
                    X