X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beatrush short-shifter

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but a relatively new product to the market is the Beatrush short shifter. It has a 15% shorter throw and is 2cm higher than the stock shifter, seems to sell in Japan for around 8000yen or roughly $130au (will probably be more landed here though). Not sure who could get it landed here (other than Lovecolt doing lots of trips OS)

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1...shifterzs0.jpg

hmm..i might be interested too, try to pm jacky and see what he can do

Comment

RPW shifter does the job and no mucking around with refitting the shifter to the bracket, its all done for you.

should support the forum sponsors

Comment

agreed, having used Rev's short shifter from RPW... don't bother with the import... RPW's is awesome... and they sponser the site and are doing LOTS and LOTS to support the Rcolt development... trust me... you want to keep RPW happy, they are doing all kinds of cool stuff right now...

Comment

Thats something to add for my list. RPW Short shifter.

But their right. You can get the import stuff but then again why wouldnt you support the business doing almost everything to get us more stuff

Comment

Yep, definitely the RPW shifter is something that's on my shortlist when I have some spare dough, and yes, we should support our sponsors - just letting people know what is out there on the market.

Comment

Me too Coro, but Beatrush also have an underbody panel that I am thinking of adding to my list

Comment

u sure this isn't an rpw copy?? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Corosith View Post
                  (other than Lovecolt doing lots of trips OS)
                  What makes you think i can only get japan stuff via overseas trip

PM any sponsor for those interested. Either getting it from Alan, Jacky or RPW, are all sponsoring their business, which supports the site.

Comment

I've ordered this, I wanted the RPW one, but it was to much hassle sending the old one back all the way from UK to Oz and the price was good, about £85 UK Pounds. I also ordered a Beatrush gear know, just hope it all fits in my CZT!

Comment

seen these on ebay the other day.. pretty reasonable price i think - but not a direct swapover/DIY job like the rpw one.. SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS

Comment

Originally posted by CZTDavid View Post
                        I've ordered this, I wanted the RPW one, but it was to much hassle sending the old one back all the way from UK to Oz and the price was good, about £85 UK Pounds. I also ordered a Beatrush gear know, just hope it all fits in my CZT!
                        Have you received the short shifter yet?

Let us know how it goes

Comment

I bought one from BeatRush off Ebay, paid $132 plus $22 post, arrived 5 days later, very happy with the result, was easy to install too.
                          Plus you get to keep the stock one.

Comment

Canberra Colt - I bought one from BeatRush off Ebay, paid $132 plus $22 post, arrived 5 days later, very happy with the result, was easy to install too.
                            Plus you get to keep the stock one.
                            Did it come with fitting instructions, if not what is involved in fitting this? How did you find it compared to the stock shifter, and some pics would be good on the fitting of it/comparison of lever height(if possible).

Comment

Originally posted by Corosith View Post
                              Did it come with fitting instructions, if not what is involved in fitting this? How did you find it compared to the stock shifter, and some pics would be good on the fitting of it/comparison of lever height(if possible).
                              Sorry no pics,In the box was: Shifter,BeatRush catalog,BeatRush sticker, Jap instruction manual with 2 pics, 1st of the shift lever collar (on side arm of shifter), 2nd of shifter assembly.

I used the 'RPW How to Installation Guide' as a guide:
                              http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/index.php...=219&Itemid=25

1.You remove all plastic covers (all shown in RPW guide).

2.then remove the side lever shifter cable, and undo it from shifter.

3.then remove centre cable (This holds a U shaped clip that locks the ball of the main shaft into a square clip),this is at the lowest point of shifter.

4.Then the stock shifter is held in place by a grey round plastic clip,you unclip the 3 tabs which holds the shifter in place and lift shifter up and out (the clip comes out with shifter), Note:you do not have to remove the whole shifter assembly from the car (assembly is yellow, see pic).

5.Then you swap over the shift lever collar (on side arm of shifter) from the stock shifter onto the BeatRush shifter, the collar is a small plastic round tab that clicks off the old and onto the new.

6.Swap the grey round plastic clip from the old to the new, you can't mess this up as there is only one way for it to go on due to the side arm of the shifter.

7.Then lower new shifter back into car, the 3 tabs (see part 4) will then click the shifter back into place, attach the side arm then the side lever shifter cable.

8. Last reattach the centre cable at the bottom of the shifter.

9. then put all the plastic covers back on, and you are done.

Please note, the BeatRush shifter is 2cms taller than the stock shifter,
                              with the standard seat height I think it is a little more comfortable, there is a small 1cm gap between the gear boot and the gear knob.

BeatRush Engrish quote :The stroke is adjust to original ratio short about 15%, and the height of the shift is adjusted to 2 long mm, therefore it changes from an ordinary shift work of the Colt into quick shift work.

Comment

Working...
                              X