X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear light (boot light)

The empty square in the roof lining at the back of the car is obviously meant to have a light in it on some models though neither ours or the regular colts I've seen at the wreckers have one. Since I'm often grabbing things out after dark on late night mountain bike rides It would help a lot and also be a cool mod. YR advance sell the led globes for them, so where can I actually find the housing itself and the wiring?

Last edited by Kyuubi; 14-05-2013, 11:40 AM.

This one here

Comment

I've wired up a SMD LED strip off the front interior lights... is bright lol. I opted for a warm white light as opposed to a "crisp" white which usually has a blue tone and comes at a cost of harsher shadows and less illuminated area.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyuubi View Post
        This one here
        Where did you get your one from Kyuubi?

Comment

Originally posted by OA51SS View Post
          Originally posted by Kyuubi View Post
          This one here
          Where did you get your one from Kyuubi?
          That picture is off the YR advance website, they only sell the replacement LED globes :/ I guess those lights are standard in the JDM models?

Comment

You can buy the complete wiring kit, so it works when you open the tailgate or on/off by switch.
            My cars have them.

Comment

Originally posted by MYZ27AG View Post
              You can buy the complete wiring kit, so it works when you open the tailgate or on/off by switch. My cars have them.
              Do you know where I could buy one?

Comment

I bought the first one in Japan from Mitsubishi. It wasn't very expensive.
                It is a light unit, a wiring harness which goes thru to the front and plugs into a socket that is already there in the car.
                Then if you turn on the auto interior light on when you open the door.
                It will turn on automatically when you open the tailgate.

Anyway I bought the other 2 thru Bill at Ralliart NZ, who is so much cheaper than Mitsubishi here.
                But they cost about $115 for the kit thru Bill.
                He orders them from Mitsubishi Japan so the take a few weeks to come because they are accessories.

I still have one kit here if you need it urgently otherwise buy it thru Bill in NZ.
                or but it when you go to Japan.

Ask Lovecolt he will get things from Japan on requests (I think)

Oh yeah the kit is the same brightness as the original one in the front.

I personally think the kit is great, it just plugs in.
                When you take down the headlining it is already marked where to cut and has makes where to put the wiring.
                And the plugs all fit. Instructions are in Japanese.

Comment

I bought the first one in Japan from Mitsubishi. It wasn't very expensive. It is a light unit, a wiring harness which goes thru to the front and plugs into a socket that is already there in the car. Then if you turn on the auto interior light on when you open the door. It will turn on automatically when you open the tailgate. Anyway I bought the other 2 thru Bill at Ralliart NZ, who is so much cheaper than Mitsubishi here. But they cost about $115 for the kit thru Bill. He orders them from Mitsubishi Japan so the take a few weeks to come because they are accessories. I still have one kit here if you need it urgently otherwise buy it thru Bill in NZ. or but it when you go to Japan. Ask Lovecolt he will get things from Japan on requests (I think) Oh yeah the kit is the same brightness as the original one in the front. I personally think the kit is great, it just plugs in. When you take down the headlining it is already marked where to cut and has makes where to put the wiring. And the plugs all fit. Instructions are in Japanese.
                  Im assuming you have already fitted yours. If I buy it from you would you be able to help me fit it?

Comment

Yes I have fitted it, yeas I can help you put it in.
                    I live in Mittagong

Comment

I bought the first one in Japan from Mitsubishi. It wasn't very expensive. It is a light unit, a wiring harness which goes thru to the front and plugs into a socket that is already there in the car. Then if you turn on the auto interior light on when you open the door. It will turn on automatically when you open the tailgate. Anyway I bought the other 2 thru Bill at Ralliart NZ, who is so much cheaper than Mitsubishi here. But they cost about $115 for the kit thru Bill. He orders them from Mitsubishi Japan so the take a few weeks to come because they are accessories. I still have one kit here if you need it urgently otherwise buy it thru Bill in NZ. or but it when you go to Japan. Ask Lovecolt he will get things from Japan on requests (I think) Oh yeah the kit is the same brightness as the original one in the front. I personally think the kit is great, it just plugs in. When you take down the headlining it is already marked where to cut and has makes where to put the wiring. And the plugs all fit. Instructions are in Japanese.
                      Damn it, I just came back from Japan haha. Thanks a lot for the info, that's good news. How can I contact Bill?

Comment

Bill is the parts guy at Team Ralliart NZ
                        bill@teamralliart.co.nz
                        I usually ring him.

Lots of members use him for parts.
                        For parts that are normal the price is good.

The light kit is much cheaper in Japan. I think I paid about half that price when I bought the first one.
                        Unfortunately I only bought 1 to see if it would fit.
                        I took some time to sort out the right colour with the Mitsubishi guy.

anyway if you can't get it from Japan then you will have to use Bill or someone else.

Bill Morton
                        Team Ralliart
                        PO Box 1351 Pukekohe 2340 New Zealand
                        Unit 3/17 Sweetcorn Place Pukekohe
                        Mob +64 21 393818
                        Ph +64 9 2385359

Comment

Anyone have the part number?

Comment

what you're looking for?

http://www.m-parts-yawataya.com/esho...MZ5908234.html

Comment

I feel a group buy in the making

Comment

Working...
                              X