Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less is more??? Bang for buck

Hey Guys,

I was over at Lawrences this weekend and he had his stock exhaust in his garage and I finally got a chance to take a look at the stock RColt exhaust off the car.

For the most part the exhaust system isn't too bad but the Backbox and the pipe that goes over the axle is a JOKE! 1-3/4" WTF??

I'm not going to go mad on my RColt so I was thinking that if that I get a new Backbox and pipe so its a uniform 2-1/4" system from the front pipe I should see a nice improvement over the stock.

Would be interested to see if peeps agree with me on this???

Yes, the pipe over the rear suspension is, as you said, a joke. Full 2.5" is the best option

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Cat back gives a bit of increased power top end. Front pipe allows boost to be held higher in the rev range. Dump brings boost on earlier. Combination = more power throughout the rev range and more noise

Comment

Originally posted by Zadok View Post
        Cat back gives a bit of increased power top end. Front pipe allows boost to be held higher in the rev range. Dump brings boost on earlier. Combination = more power throughout the rev range and more noise
        Top end is what I need, its strugging after 3500rpm

Comment

anything less than 2.5 and you are robbing yourself

Comment

Originally posted by alba View Post
            anything less than 2.5 and you are robbing yourself
            hehe I can't spend to much on my car atm, not a resident yet:-(

Comment

You won't get a huge power gain... May not even be noticable by the seat of your pants...

Comment

Watched the Turbo'd GT86 video that Castle Hill Performance did, looks like they got 160wkw(98) - 200wkw(E85) on a stock GT86 exhaust system.

http://www.millteksport.com/features...scion.fr-s.cfm

According to Milltek the stock exhaust on a GT86 is about the same as ours so my plan maybe good!

Comment

Hi Bobster, Sorry to pull up an old thread, but did youend up doing this? and if so did you get a nice gain?

Comment

I was going to do it but was offered cat back for $80 more but a backbox is worth it in my opinion, my build thread has a write up on my mods

Comment

Working...
                    X