X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resonator or Not ?

Do I really need the resonator ? I am thinking of getting a custom exhaust made and i would have to ship in the resonator. I was wondering if I really need it ? Please advice

Depends on how loud you want the exhaust. If you dont want it really loud, then yes, get one.

Comment

What's the state legislation in Kenya for exhausts? If there isn't one I suggest you go nuts!

Comment

The legislation is not enforced. I will remove both Cats, put a 2.5" pipe and just a good muffler at the end, by the way how does this affect the MPG or KPL ? Is imperial or metric used here ?

Comment

Just be careful with the exhaust as your car may go into "limp" mode from the excess flow from the exhaust. I'm assuming your exhaust system is the same as the AUS Colt.

Comment

Mainly metric used on the forum but don't worry it's not enforced. Should be same exhaust but if it's a true JDM Colt R it has a different ECU to the Australian delivered colts. Which means fewer restrictive measures. Happy to be corrected.

As for mileage as with most cars the less you hammer the accelerator the better the mileage

Comment

Thanks for the input. This is just alot of research the car is arriving in 24 days just getting my bases covered

Comment

Working...
              X