Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well a little research i would say would go along way before u go all out and be buying cooler etc...especially if u haven't bought a sandwhich plate...an 8$ adapter to test...i keen to try it out, i pm ryan couple days back...
    i need to go through the manual, i hope YR might be able to enlighten me where the 2nd point is, unless they r referring to the oil pressure switch
    below is the location of the first sensor point i took a photo of
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4123/...9f69c803_b.jpg

Comment

Yeah I'm trying to suss out the best way to approach this problem at the moment before buying anything further. Thanks for the photo Ayu, and based on your photo it looks as if a 'double adapter' type screw in device would work lol, but I doubt anyone makes anything like that. I have fitted a sandwich adapter plate that I bought from Prosport with the gauges and I'm not happy with the filter being the lowest point under the car, so I had hoped that someone had figured out a cheap way to get around this issue. There has to be a relatively cheap and easy way though, and the screw in bolt idea is a great start

Comment

I'll check that thread on the weekend. If it fits, bye bye adapter lol

Comment

u can get double adapter but apparently it wont work to the best of its ability because it wont be entirely be in the oil flow...i came across T and Y peice adapters.
          unfortunatley its gonna be one of those give it a shot things...hopefully ryan can get some info from YR advance...
          i am keen to give it a shot but not in the short term...because i gotta get more gauges lol...and i deciding what path to take e.g. electronic HUD style or normal 52mm

Comment

If there are two of those hex bolts that can have the YR Advance bolts fitted to them it would be just about the perfect solution for what I'm trying to do Ayu. Are you running one or two oil sensors runuts?

Comment

none at the moment, waiting reply atm...but i believe this is where one of the sensor nut converters go...
              this is the jap translation below...
              OR u can put the oil pressure sensor where the oil pressure switch is located...dunno what the ecu will do...i assume its open/close states, might be able to bridge it or short it out if the pressure switch is needed for stock ecu to run
              i am in no rush for the sensors atm...lookin at a digital remote thermometer from an electroincs store atm...for the short term
              i think u will reach a solution b4 i do get the chance to...but in the long run, this is a path i looking at trying...or go straight to oil cooler...kill 2 birds with 1 stone
              Sensor Adapter 1/8-3/8
              油温、油圧1/8センサーをエンジンブロックメクラ栓に、 Oil temperature, oil pressure 1 / 8 sensors Enjinburokkumekura stopper,
              取付けるアダプターです。 Adapter is installed.
              サビ、耐久性に強い、ステンレス製です。 Rust, strong durable, and stainless steel.
              2個取付可能です 2 can be mounted
              ※取付の際はシールテープを巻いて下さい ※ Please roll mounting when the seal tape

Comment

Where the oil pressure switch is there is another port right below it. Looms the same as above.

Comment

http://carview-img04.bmcdn.jp/carlif...1313379/p1.jpg

Not the best but a bit of help.

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys . I'm actually seriously considering not even worrying about installing the oil temp and pressure gauges and selling them on this site sometime in the next week or so to someone who could be bothered working out a good way to mount the senders. I've got a lot of stuff to do before I go back to uni (such as some wedding planning as well as installing the jaycar boost controller, boost gauge, and look at getting the fmic installed in the car) so I want to get this done asap. I reckon I'll just keep the boost gauge and mount it on the dash above the right air conditioning vent and get on to installing the boost controller etc as I'm never going to be modding the car too heavily so won't really need the oil temp and pressure gauges (I bought them mostly to fill the single din I was going to mount the boost gauge in).

Comment

There were plenty of references of an oil filter re-locator in the sing forums...

Comment

I only run oil pressure on mine. I'll check that port out on the weekend. If it will work there, I'll definitely ditch my sandwitch plate. If not, the plate works fine.

Comment

even though that pic is blurry macca...i no where it is...its the under shot of the oil filter showing the 3/8 to 1/8 convert and a brass 1/8 NPT sensor with a bunch of teflon tape...
                          but good to see someone has used that port for a sensor

sorry i forgot to mention this before...you can add a 2nd sensor to your sump
                          you can get sump plug sensor adapter...i would suggest temp sensor in there
                          and the pressure senor above the oil filter
                          for example
                          http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VW-Audi-1-8T-...item563db754f9

Comment

That sounds like a really good idea Ayu, I'll have a look into doing it as you have suggested. Cheers mate

Comment

i will chk the manual when i can for the sump bolt details if its got it...might be able to get from mitsubishi
                              i think ours is
                              Bolt size is M14 x P1.5

if so this should do it ask for M14
                              http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mitsubishi-Ev...item335e55609b

Comment

I found out you can buy shorter length OEM oil filters that dont cost the world.

the guys on the mirages run them.

Comment

Working...
                                X