X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plug info

Have not seem much info on plug around so here it is.

SPARK PLUG SPECIFICATIONS

Ralliart Colt 4G15 NGK Plug Part No IZFR6C-K Or from NGK Web Site its ILZFR6C-K (there is an "L")

Spark Plug Gap 0.7mm − 0.8mm Limit 0.95 mm

Part number Decode as follows

I = Iridium
    L = Long Thread
    Z = Protruding Type
    F = 14mm diameter x19mm thread dimention and 16mm heax head
    R= Resistive
    6 = heat rating (9= cold 4=hot)
    C = Suffex code ??
    -K = should be the plug gap but doesnt line up lol

Laser Iridium

Iridium tip

Platinum pad/chip

100,000 kms

http://www.ngk.com.au/images/IFR%20plug%20type.jpg

Extremely long service life. Improved high ignitability due to fine tipped centre electrode

an eBay link http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NGK-IRIDIUM-P...item2a016872c8

Is that the stock plug macca?

Comment

Lol, Macca you are such a nerd . Thanks for the info, I'm sure a few of us will be looking for just such information in the not too distant future as more colts clock up the km's.

Comment

Originally posted by fauxpas View Post
        Is that the stock plug macca?
        Yes

IZFR6C-K is taken from the workshop manual but ever where else includng the NKG website add the L in the part number, and also note on the ebay link the plug box is a mitsubishi genuine part box stating both NGK part numbers and mitsubishi numbers

Comment

Info on HSK plug from JDM Blog

Needs more info on weather its a fit for 4g15

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...mcHtGgBZ2RPGMA

Comment

There are limits to machine translation.

そろそろ走行距離が20000㎞なのと、1度サーキットを走っているので、念のため交換しまし た。
            "Having clocked up 20000km and also tracked the car once, I have changed [the spark plugs] just to be on the safe side."

With the boost, change the value of the seventh heat.ブーストアップに伴い、熱価7番に変更。
            "[The spark plugs] have been changed to heat rating 7, along with the increased boost."

Type plug, iridium plugs as genuine, long reach type.プラグの種類は、純正と同じイリジウムプラグの、ロングリーチタイプ。
            "[The spark plugs] are a long reach type of the same iridium type as stock."

Comparison images are genuine.画像は純正との比較です。
            "The image is a comparison with stock."

♪ I feel the engine was feeling fine気持ちエンジンが元気になった感じがします♪
            "It feels like the engine has perked up."

Price duty 4.価格は4本分。
            "The price is for 4 units."

Comment

Originally posted by steel View Post
              There are limits to machine translation.

そろそろ走行距離が20000㎞なのと、1度サーキットを走っているので、念のため交換しまし た。
              "Having clocked up 20000km and also tracked the car once, I have changed [the spark plugs] just to be on the safe side."

With the boost, change the value of the seventh heat.ブーストアップに伴い、熱価7番に変更。
              "[The spark plugs] have been changed to heat rating 7, along with the increased boost."

Type plug, iridium plugs as genuine, long reach type.プラグの種類は、純正と同じイリジウムプラグの、ロングリーチタイプ。
              "[The spark plugs] are a long reach type of the same iridium type as stock."

Comparison images are genuine.画像は純正との比較です。
              "The image is a comparison with stock."

♪ I feel the engine was feeling fine気持ちエンジンが元気になった感じがします♪
              "It feels like the engine has perked up."

Price duty 4.価格は4本分。
              "The price is for 4 units."
              But the stock sparkies are of heat range 7 if not wrong.

Comment

Or even 6, according to the original post. It doesn't make sense to me that he would switch over to a spark plug with a colder heat rating. No idea what this "long reach type" means either. Is there an advantage to the spark being started further into the combustion chamber?

Comment

Long reach is a generic spark plug term

you see in my first post they stock ones are long reach. Just a fitment thing. there is a fair distance from the head to chamber.

Comment

i have replaced mine sparkz at 60,000km...they are ILZFR6C-K, that is what i pulled out of the block...and replaced them with...think they were just under 100$ from auto one...went to 5 shops no one stocks em...
                    auto one had em in stock because they had someone come in wit an rcolt b4..so they kept one on the shelf

Comment

Am I correct in believing that these spark plugs are not needed to be replaced till 100,000 km? If it's of any benefit to change them earlier I'd be keen to do it though.

Comment

i like to stagger my replacement parts...so i don't get one big lump sum at 100k km...
                        plus our car runs very rich...so i thought i replace em earlier...i gave them a clean at 50,000km...
                        there is no hurt changin it earlier...its only a guideline service manual...i hope to keep the car along time, possibly turn it into a full track car, if i got $$...so i trying to look after it best i can

Comment

Just called my Local dealer

Quoted $25 each for 1822A005

Screw that

Just bought this!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NGK-IRIDIUM-P...item2a07c05f97

Comment

Are these the ones for our colt? Linkie... That's 41 GBP delivered...

And how hard/easy are they to swap out? Any tricks?

Comment

Nope thats not them.

Part number for them is at the start of this thread.

Tricks they are easy as, Remove coil, get spark plug socket with the rubber in the end to hold the plug, and a fuck off long extension

Comment

Working...
                              X