Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TF035-15T Upgrade: Kinugawa (Kando Dynamic)

Well, so much for that option....

I stumped up for $569 on fleabay the other day and got myself one of the upgraded turbos from Kando dynamic:
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=281127057747
    Shipping was slow however it was a largish box coming from Japan so whatever; but it was well packed.

Open the box and see everything is there with all the bits and pieces needed to bolt on and drive away or so I thought...

I looked a bit closer at it and I see that there's been a bolt sheared off or stripped threads in the turbine/exhaust side where it attaches to the manifold.
    It would seem the turbo is not 'brand new' as described but re-conditioned with a new core.

Which brings me to another little problem I found with this 'new' turbo... When I grab the turbine shaft with my fingers and rotate it, I can get the compressor blades to hit the compressor housing. Not by much but they hit slightly.
    So I do the right thing and contact the seller to straighten it out so to speak. But so far they're not interested, all they want to do is refund the money and keep on trucking on on ebay selling the TF035-15T to all comers.
    I haven't heard or found any actual complaints from people who actually purchased a turbo from these guys. There's plenty of "It's cheap so it must be shit" type of comments but little else.
    Hopefully old mate will come to the deal but so far I wouldn't recommend anyone buy these upgraded turbos from Kinugawa/Kando Dynamic/Kamak whatever you want to call them.
    I'll keep all updated as I go.

Bits:
    http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/...Kandobits.jpeg

Dodgy bolt:
    http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/...DodgyBolt.jpeg
    Last edited by odysseyesm; 07-07-2013, 08:12 PM.

That's a bit poor. Those braided hoses don't look near as shiny as the ones advertised? It does state that it is brand new, what did they have to say about that? Got any full shots of the turbo?

Comment

Nah, all the braided bits and pieces are all new. The only thing (I can see) which isn't new is the turbine housing which is the bit that's stuffed.
      Otherwise it all looks fine. Gotta get some more photos though.

Comment

Kinugawa is actually a chinese product lol... Why didnt you just use the rpw hybrid turbo?

Comment

• odysseyesm
          odysseyesm commented
          Editing a comment
          I think that's where RPW get their hybrid from as well, not 100% certain though. I know they do list the kinugawa 15t version on their site. Like I said earlier, I haven't found any really bad press about the kinugawa stuff. Just sometimes shit happens...

Just rethread the housing? if its only a flange hole who cares?

Comment

If there is shaft play after it apparently being rebuilt I wouldn't use it. last thing you want is it taking a shit in the engine.
          Maybe get it checked out or re-rebuilt if kando isn't going to come to the party?

Comment

I some how completely missed this haha

Comment

from your link, it says rebult turbo...why dont you get the brand new set for this? i email them past few days and they told me that Kinugawa was under the company of Kamak Dynamic and Kamak Dynamic have 2 series of turbo which is KAMAK and Kinugawa...they quote me NTD18760 for the new set with all the braided lines and gasket with shipping included. Then i asked them for the STS. But unfortunately they dont have for the kinugawa tf035-15t. they option me to add some money to upgrade the turbine wheel to forged aluminium. they tell me the kamak and kinugawa have the same quality...no matter u bought it from ebay uk, ebay aus, they shipped direct from taiwan. they are not chinese crap ebay turbo. so odysseyesm how was the turbo going right now? does it have a laser cut kinugawa logo on the housing?

Comment

Haven't installed it yet and no it doesn't have the kinugawa logo on it anywhere.

Comment

Still not installed but I'm getting there...
                  Ported the turbine outlet cwar stylie the other day, polished up V nicely. Gotta pull my finger out and build a log style manifold and get this thing tuned.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing results and your build thread. It's the same direction I'm going to take in future

Comment

Wouldn't the T25 be better if your going to build a manifold

Comment

If that's what u want I guess. Besides that I've already got a TF35-15t.

Comment

A t25 is an old designed turbo and not very efficient. A perfect turbo with supporting mods would be a gt2560r with a .49 rear housing from a ca18 t25.
                          Last edited by odse; 28-06-2015, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Any idea if TD-04 and this hybrid should be fine for CVT ?
                            I am afraid my new GB will BOOM!...

Comment

Working...
                            X