X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Eclectus,

I've had the power mod done, and it was good value for me. Nothing to worry about, just 10kw at the wheels extra. The driveability in 1st and 2nd gear has changed substantially, removing that frustrating change and making it smooth. If you're worried about the warranty side, call Mitsubishi Australia and ask them. When I called, they said it was covered, so I'm not sure who people are speaking to, or if anyone has had a warranty claim refused after having the TMR power mod done. I also strongly recommend getting the Evo X RS bypass valve and the ralliart air filter at the same time. They make a world of difference once you've upped your boost levels.

So from my opinion, all of the TMR things I've done are excellent value. I also got their springs, which are great too.

Comment

• I called TMR and spoke to them on the phone the other day about some of their products. The guy said that they don't offer the power upgrade anymore

Was considering this as a way to avoid warranty issues ...but it would've been difficult for me to get down there for the tune from Cairns anyway i guess!!!

Comment

• Rip the pill out or drop in a YR Advance solenoid mate. If you ever have any issues put pill back in/rip YR Solenoid out.

Comment

• theres a reason y they stopped lol.. cause its crap. new owners keep talkin about warranty it only applies when the mod u done effected the damage.

if u have 550 bucks to waste get a yr advance boost solenoid and a defi boost gauge.

TMR mod is very questionable

Comment

• haha ok cool thanks well I've just ordered a DEFI boost guage of ebay (a psi one) so when I've installed that I think I'll be getting the YR advance solenoid (just incase i lose the pill)

Comment

• That's a good plan mate. I ran the YR solenoid for months and really enjoyed it

Comment

• Sweet Was it easy to install?? I have very limited mechanic experience

Comment

• Yeah mate, no mechanical knowledge required at all. You can simply zip tie it next to the stock solenoid for quick release at a later date, or bolt it in place of the stock solenoid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zadok View Post
                    Yeah mate, no mechanical knowledge required at all. You can simply zip tie it next to the stock solenoid for quick release at a later date, or bolt it in place of the stock solenoid.
                    thats right i have 2 solenoids in my colt lol

btw try to avoid doing the 0.3bar boost as boost comes in very harsh.

0.2 is best.

Comment

• Originally posted by banana View Post
                      thats right i have 2 solenoids in my colt lol

btw try to avoid doing the 0.3bar boost as boost comes in very harsh.

0.2 is best.
                      I think you will find that as Davo's colt is basically stock, running either the red, blue, or black (stock) hose will be fine mate. I tried all three hoses when I only had a K&N panel filter and settled on the black (stock) hose and never noticed any harshness whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                      X