Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ----->>TMR rcolt upgrades

Originally posted by koshy View Post
    is that when u spill about TMR package? Ive been impatiently waiting to hear buddy
    Alan has ordered 20 set of suspension parts for the TMR upgrade. Unfortunately, delivery will be 2 weeks late. I will be picking the car up unmodified, til next week when all parts are ready to fit all in one go. Total cost including fitting is approximately $1335 retail for both packages quoted from Alan himself. I don't get any discount unfortunately as he no longer requires a test mule as everything is all set to go with his approval. If we get a group buy, maybe Alan can do us a discount (not sure though).

Now we know the price, I think we need a list of the TMR mods........

Comment

TMR offer the full ralliart catalogue, the "upgrade" is the only thing tmr do for the colts. That list of upgrades im guessing wont be released until the units / upgrades are ready to sell, and by evo's post thats another 2 weeks...but im not holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by eatevo View Post
        Alan has ordered 20 set of suspension parts for the TMR upgrade. Unfortunately, delivery will be 2 weeks late. I will be picking the car up unmodified, til next week when all parts are ready to fit all in one go. Total cost including fitting is approximately $1335 retail for both packages quoted from Alan himself. I don't get any discount unfortunately as he no longer requires a test mule as everything is all set to go with his approval. If we get a group buy, maybe Alan can do us a discount (not sure though).
        as trickster said, gotta see a list parts, arghh i waited 1 week now gotta wait another 2 weeks haha hopefully just a list comes out then i can figure out whether this package is the way to go

Comment

If you guys are expecting huge power upgrade, you'll be disappointed. It's a mild power upgrade with balancing the chassis through uprated springs and corner weighting the car. This in Alan's philosophy is a more balanced car without needing to upgrade the brakes. Main concerned here is keeping the factory warranty. From what I can see, the power upgrade would be very similar to those already tinkering their cars. If people are interested, you can come a long when I drop the car off and maybe Alan can let us go for a spin in the already modified version.

Comment

^^^

hey mate, are u paying 1335 just for the suspension upgrade, or for everything ur doing?

Comment

hrmm i just want the power upgrade, hopefully it should b cheaper as there is less labour involve

Comment

Power upgrade $550 including gst (1 hour job)
                Suspension upgrade $534.60 (requires additional $250 for labour to fit. Car will be corner weighted and balance evenly.
                These prices are retail, so if we do a group buy, hopefully Alan can give us a discount.

Comment

Suspension upgrade $534.60 (requires additional $250 for labour to fit. Car will be corner weighted and balance evenly.
                  These prices are retail, so if we do a group buy, hopefully Alan can give us a discount.
                  cheers mate! any power/torque dyno graphs or power outputs??

$550 sounds like a great price if there are noticable gains

Comment

$550 for power upgrades...doesnt sound lilke a lot in it the rpiping cost more than that already, maybe filter, bov, thermostat unless its custom piping through them aye, be interested to see what $550 gets for power

Comment

Originally posted by koshy View Post
                      $550 for power upgrades...doesnt sound lilke a lot in it the rpiping cost more than that already, maybe filter, bov, thermostat unless its custom piping through them aye, be interested to see what $550 gets for power
                      sounds like a simple ECU flash (costs nothing but would have cost them R&D time)

they could have upped the boost via electronic boost control and changed the fuel maps/ignition timing, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Julz View Post
                        cheers mate! any power/torque dyno graphs or power outputs??

$550 sounds like a great price if there are noticable gains
                        Bonalume 185hp kit cost 1200 euros (doesn't include shipping). This is close to that at 1/4 the price.
                        Both power and suspension kit only cost $1335 AUD. You be the judge. Remember your warranty too.

Comment

Bonalume 185hp kit cost 1200 euros (doesn't include shipping). This is close to that at 1/4 the price.
                          Both power and suspension kit only cost $1335 AUD. You be the judge. Remember your warranty too.
                          So does this mean its close to 185hp after the $550 mod?
                          if so then im all for it

Comment

I Want I Want :d

Comment

Is that all? man I was expecting to fork out 3k+, was expecting a replaced induction setup, FMIC & full exhaust system. If the power upgrade is only $550 and they've had some serious R&D to get it, they'd nearly have to get every rcolt in the country done to turn a profit on it, wouldn't they?

Don't get me wrong, if it's a simply $550, count me in 200%, but I was expecting something well, more expensive! I guess I'll just have to spend money in other areas.

By saying 'mild power upgrade' I assume this is the +10kw mod I've seen people talking about before. Couldn't be a computer upgrade, surely not for that price...

Comment

Working...
                              X