Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• also remember with the solinoide mods the ecu can still dump pressure if need be.

by the sounds of it this owner wanted to trash the engin, and see where it does.

Comment

• I adjusted the actuator to its tightest postion and got no more boost... Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

• husky - yep ur doin something wrong.. check out this thread http://rcolt.com/showthread.php?t=1869

to get more boost i believe there is a nut on the inside end of the actuator arm which needs to be removed to get more boost - check the thread it'll have ur answers or ask frogman he's done it a few times.. lol

Comment

• is a 16psi spike bad or, is that a safe place to be?

Comment

• 16 psi spike is what the tmr mod gives you... so I would think it would be fine.

Comment

• Should be fine, mine spikes up to 17-18psi sometimes, sounds like you are missing your car is missing the boost solenoid restrictor from the factory???

Comment

• well i looked up the thread with the instructions on how to remove it and i still can't find where they are talking about.There has been no change in how the car drives since i bought it, i was just shocked that my car spikes to 16psi

Comment

• Can please someone re-upload the original pics because I'm in desperate need on info about how to mount a mbc to an euro CZT. Thanks in advance

Comment

• Sorry for the rushed diagram, essentially you want to restrict the boost pressure that reaches the wastegate actuator.

Eg, If 16psi is your desired level of boost and you currently have 12, you want the boost controller to bleed off 4psi, so the waste gate still "sees" it's normal amount of boost before it opens but the turbo is providing more into the engine.

Comment

• The rushed diagram explains a lot and it's a great help. Thank you for the info.

Comment

• I am a little wrong in the diagram I just realised...
                        There is a vac line that directly links the boost source to the wastegate actuator.
                        You want to effectively place the boost tee inline as pictured, the two black lines is supposed to mean you essentially cut the line to place the tee in.

The factory boost solenoid actually bleeds pressure out of the system to achieve desired boost levels, what you are doing is putting in a tee to bleed out more than the factory one can do alone.

EDIT: I removed the incorrect diagram above and replaced it with the correct one from this post.
                        Last edited by skyrex; 08-01-2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Ok so essentially if the boost solenoid is open no pressure goes to the wastegate and when it's closed it opens the wastegate. Which of the ports from this pic

http://s191.photobucket.com/user/and...itled.jpg.html

is the in ( A ??? as in the closest to the front of the car???) ???

That means that I can connect the boost control if it's a bleed valve right before the input port (assuming it's the A if not the B).

And if it's a ball and spring type before the T between the main line and the actuator ???

Comment

• heloo guys i can't see the pic 1 and 2 off the installation , can someboty reuplode them (sory for my bad enghish)

Comment

Working...
                            X