X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lovecolt View Post
    Do you know why Steve dyno your car in 3rd gear?? As much as dyno's only a tuning tool, but doing in 3rd gear's kinda like false advertising.....
    Mmm no idea?? The other place I took it to at Hi-Tech Dyno also used 3rd gear... mmm

Comment

I doubt it's actually dangerous, but I personally had my boost tuned to about 16-17psi peak, before slowly dropping to red line. There's no way I'd have my car boosting to 22psi, especially considering there's not much extra power gained running so much boost.

Comment

Do you know why Steve dyno your car in 3rd gear?? As much as dyno's only a tuning tool, but doing in 3rd gear's kinda like false advertising.....
        I've actually had my car dyno'd in 3rd, then 4th gear the next run (30 seconds later) and the car made the same power (within 1 kw), so it actually doesn't appear to make any significant difference power wise. It may lead to increased wheel spin issues though.

Comment

Mine spikes at like 25Psi at the moment, and its over 17PSI for a good 2000rpm, really need to re tune that boost lol

Comment

so i should get it re-tuned everyone thinks??? It's only for a split second or two then drops off to 1bar until redline. But that's at 3000+ rpm to get that spike.. definately not like 2000rpm etc..

Comment

Its not actually a problem and is nothing to be concerned about. The only reason we dumbed down the spike was because people were concerned about it. The small turbo on these cars requires a lot of work on the boost curve to get a flat curve because it spools so quickly. Steve Knight racing is a legend in Mitsubishi tuning and believe me, if it was a problem he would not have released it. Don't stress on it - go and enjoy the new found power

Comment

ok no problem! thanks for reassurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsiman View Post
                  Its not actually a problem and is nothing to be concerned about. The only reason we dumbed down the spike was because people were concerned about it. The small turbo on these cars requires a lot of work on the boost curve to get a flat curve because it spools so quickly. Steve Knight racing is a legend in Mitsubishi tuning and believe me, if it was a problem he would not have released it. Don't stress on it - go and enjoy the new found power
                  +1
                  The guy used to work for Mitsubishi, was part of the various development teams and has a number of the Mitsubishi engine development guys working for him.
                  I'd be pretty happy with whatever he's done.

No-one has mentioned $$$ yet?

Comment

So its dyno in 3rd?? But, the industry standard's 4th gear..... At 3rd gear, naturally you are getting a higher torque reading. I believe even the atw figure will be higher as well.
                    I chuckled a little at 'industry standard'. Its not like they have a code of conduct or professional standards for dyno operators.

Torque figures aren't rarely comparable, too many differences between cars (diff + gear ratios) / dyno's / dyno operators too make a big deal out of them.

Comment

If it is a safe tune and you are happy with the seat of the pant torque/power gains +the type of drivability that you want from your colt, then that should be proof enough of a good tune rather than comparing dyno figures.

Comment

They generally use 4th gear as its close to a 1:1 gear ration i believe.

Comment

Yeah 4th is often 1:1, the only issues is the 2.9/3.2/3.44/3.9/4.11/4.44 : 1 diff which follows and acts as a big torque multiplier.

Comment

hi there
                            i'm bases in mauritius and i'm stuck with my colt

i badly need a remapping of my ecu due the the boost restrictor in the ecu, limiting my boost to only 0.6bar

can anyone help

cheers

Comment

Working...
                            X