X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to RPW Stage 1 Flash Tunes - please read

We are seeing some large variations in results from the stage 1 tune, mostly it appears to be on the boost curve.

The vehicles i have done in perth seem to be stable, but we are seeing some funny results from eastern states vehicles. Not sure why.

But saying that, the majority of vehicles showing funny results appear to be ones with stock front pipes.

With this in mind, I am releasing a new modified Stage 1 flash tune with modifications to the boost curve to reduce the boost down and stop them spiking.

There is no charge for this from our end. There won't be many people out there with this problem but we are not prepared to take the risk of there being an issue.

If you have had one of our flash tunes done, please contact me and we can organise to get you back to one of our dealers, to get the tune swapped over to the modified one.

The easiest way to check is if you can get a temporary boost guage, or go onto a dyno, if you are experiencing in excess of 20 psi boost peaks at aroudn the 3000 rpm range, then this new tune will be for you.

We will also be richening up the AFR's slightly just for increased protection, taking them from our desired 12.0 - 12.2 : 1 to around 11.8 - 12.0.

If anything, I use this as an example of how our proposed dealer network will benefit users as well as our own endeavours, to ensure we try to do the right thing by our customers.

If you have any questions on this ask away.

All future Stage 1 flash tunes will now come with an A and B tune. The A tune will be more aggressive on the tune, the B less aggressive. This way when getting it flashed, you can go for a test drive and if you are experiencing an overboost, the B Map can be flashed instead.

If you need a hand getting flashes done Dave I'm more than willing to help.

Comment

I also just got all the required hardware to reflash and spend time between Grafton and the Northen beaches if anyone wants helps

Comment

What about the people that got their reflash done on your trip to Sydney?

Comment

Can you come to SA Macca!

Comment

Originally posted by Corosith View Post
            Can you come to SA Macca!
            +1 there its reached the eastern state but not here yet

Comment

Is this cause ryan was getting epic pinging and shit? who else had trouble with it?

Comment

I could do a trip to SA on behalf of RPW but it would all be up to daves digression, Im not an RPW dealer just a guy who likes to tinker with stuff.

But you guys would have to look after me and give me a bed lol

The only reason I offer is I can fly there for like not much over $100 return business class haha

Comment

Thanks for the offers guys but we will be doing this through the dealer network. This will only be a 5 minute flash as we won't need your stock rom to be resent to us.

I took the opportunity today on a stock colt that came in with full exhaust work and stock intercooler to revise the stage 1 flash tune especially on the boost control and rechecked AFR's.

At this stage anyone who wishes to have the revised update, please PM me and we will arrange details.
                  There will be no cost involved for the user.

For those with stock wastegate actuators this is not necessary.
                  This is also not necessary for anyone with a RPW Front pipe and FMIC unit.

This is only appliceable to those with stock intercoolers and stock / RPW front pipe kits with the 3 port boost controller.

if you are unsure, just PM me with a list of what mods you have had done, who and where the flash was done and your rego number so I can go back through my records and then we will finalise from there.

Comment

Originally posted by lovecolt View Post
                    What about the people that got their reflash done on your trip to Sydney?
                    + 1

if we end up having to go to a dealer for the updated reflash,... $$

If someone like macca can come and do a group thing like we did before, everyone chips in for his job.

cause if we had to go to tune house... u might aswell get the bloody custom tune done and most of us dont want

Comment

Let me think on this - the plan was for there to be no charges for anyone if they went to tunehouse, if there were charges I would be covering them. But I may look at another option just for this particular circumstances.

Comment

dave any news on this?? its been 1 monrh

Comment

Sorry I had forgotten about this. Offer stands - anyone who has our stage 1 V1 flash, the V2 flash is a free update as it only cleans up the boost spike. Best thing to do on this is lets do it case by case, contact me via pm and we will sort things out.

Comment

Hi guys,

Mitsiman, may I ask a question ?

I am 1 of those who had probs with the stage 1 flash - boost cuts and CELs. No drama, Tunehouse fixed it up with, presumably, the B flash.

Am upgrading exhaust and going the 3 port solenoid in a couple of months, will I need a re-flash ?

Sorry for my noobishness.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by dadgad View Post
                              Hi guys,

Mitsiman, may I ask a question ?

I am 1 of those who had probs with the stage 1 flash - boost cuts and CELs. No drama, Tunehouse fixed it up with, presumably, the B flash.

Am upgrading exhaust and going the 3 port solenoid in a couple of months, will I need a re-flash ?

Sorry for my noobishness.

Cheers
                              Yes you will, DO NOT install it with out a reflash.

It will cause massive amounts of boost.

Comment

Working...
                              X