Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Blow Off Valves, Reflash and stalling Issues everyone to read. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 psi?

Comment

100psi im going to test this

Comment

Originally posted by fauxpas View Post
        1. The spring doesn't need to be tight as the boost pressure will keep it shut

2. The design of the plastic one acts like a lid on a jar type of seal, not a plunger, and will hold 100psi, no bull...

I have an aftermarket bov for my own reasons, but I know the plastic oem is fine...
        Lol good luck with that!!
        They generally have a measurable leak from around 15psi.

Comment

yup def a leak. Faux watch the boost solenoid duty cycle increase to compensate for leakage on an oem valve. Pid controller bumps up 5 to 10% on the adaptronic to compensate. Just not as noticeable with speed density

Comment

Originally posted by fauxpas View Post
            1. The spring doesn't need to be tight as the boost pressure will keep it shut

2. The design of the plastic one acts like a lid on a jar type of seal, not a plunger, and will hold 100psi, no bull...

I have an aftermarket bov for my own reasons, but I know the plastic oem is fine...
            Crap...

There is no way that plastic that thin with the flow rate required will hold off 100psi & I don't give a shit how you design it.
            Otherwise there would be no OEM alloy units 'cause they'd all use cheaper plastic jobbies.

Think about it for a bit: Globally a 1,000,000 cars made by Mitsubishi that need a BOV. By using plastic BOVs Mitsubishi (very conservatively) save $5 per car because a plastic BOV will apparently handle up to 100psi at any temperature.... But no, they fit metal ones.
            How much does that add up to when compared to the cost of a global recall to replace faulty plastic BOVs with metal ones?

But what would I know? I'm no expert, but I have spent a reasonable amount of time studying logistics, material strengths and fluid dynamics as a career... but I'm sure there'll still be shit flying around.
            Maybe I shouldn't post after a bottle of nice red, but fuck me...

Comment

Working...
            X