Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Blow Off Valves, Reflash and stalling Issues everyone to read. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well the plastic one can be known for leaking, some do some dont, its a very debatable subject!

I can tell you, the spring is stronger in the metal one. I have used both.

Comment

is it hard to find the Mitsubishi EVO Lancer MR Metal ones? or better off to get a GFB plumb back ones?

Comment

Just get one of the turbosmart kompact valves, direct replacement, cheaper than a Lancer MR one, much better valve too....

Comment

Originally posted by runuts View Post
          Just get one of the turbosmart kompact valves, direct replacement, cheaper than a Lancer MR one, much better valve too....
          +1 i've got the kompact plumb back and its a solid unit

makes a nice little noise too when you're pushing higher boost levels

Comment

Originally posted by Davo_colt View Post
            +1 i've got the kompact plumb back and its a solid unit

makes a nice little noise too when you're pushing higher boost levels
            Yep same here :-)

Comment

Originally posted by fauxpas View Post
              Crap...
              yeah, good call. I must be making it up.

Get the Evo X RS one.

Comment

any body notice that if you tighten the valve tightly that you get throttle response lag?

Comment

i don't know which one RPW put on my car... i forget! Anyways it makes awesome noise... and no boost leak...

Comment

is it ok with factory warranty?

Comment

Originally posted by bunnybash View Post
                      i don't know which one RPW put on my car... i forget! Anyways it makes awesome noise... and no boost leak...
                      Do you have the autobahn88 one fitted?

Comment

Originally posted by Satio View Post
                        is it ok with factory warranty?
                        If you haven't modified your colt or are not intending to do anything in the future, I'd stick with the factory unit. The plastic valve probably is quite capable of holding more than 13-15psi, but it's always wise (and to save arguing over it) to over engineer things if planning to run high boost levels/larger turbos etc with a more durable bov with a stronger spring.
                        With regards to warranty, they probably won't even know what it is. Seriously, if you are worried about warranty simply don't modify, but in saying that i don't think your dealer would pick up on a plumb back BOV as it should work as per factory setup, just with stiffer spring rate. Also stick to the less conspicuous plumb back models like the Evo BOV or the above mentioned Turbosmart plumback which is a nice looking little unit, rather than units that are anodised red or with large trumpets on them (dual port valves). Hope that helps out.

Comment

great info thanks guys...

Comment

I'll take a pic of my turbosmart kompact plumb back fitted, you'd be hard pressed to even notice it had an aftermarket valve, unless it was pointed out. When it comes to warranty, the only time it becomes an issue, is if the part you have fitted, has contributed to a failed component that you are trying to have covered by warranty. A blow off valve, that works exactly as the OEM, would have no impact on your warranty.

Comment

i have a aftermarket plumb back bov that works a charm got it with the car and have know ideah who makes it looks the goods and seems to do its job

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                                well the plastic one can be known for leaking, some do some dont, its a very debatable subject!

I can tell you, the spring is stronger in the metal one. I have used both.
                                1. The spring doesn't need to be tight as the boost pressure will keep it shut

2. The design of the plastic one acts like a lid on a jar type of seal, not a plunger, and will hold 100psi, no bull...

I have an aftermarket bov for my own reasons, but I know the plastic oem is fine...

Comment

Working...
                                X