Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitsiman
    started a topic Suggestions for Stickies / FAQ

Suggestions for Stickies / FAQ

Any suggestions or wishes to be added as stickies, please post here and we will look into setting something up.

• Mitsiman
    replied
    The reflash will work well on a stock car but of course, be very limited on its results. You may also get a boost spike with the restricted exhaust but it shoudl still work. I would probably do a modified tune for a complete stock car with a lowering of boost just in case

Leave a comment:

• Davo_colt
    replied
    Hey Dave,

What do u think the results would be like with the reflash on a stock car? Would it still be a noticable increase in performance if you set the peak boost to approx. 17psi?

Would we run into problems without any exhause/IC mods and instead doing these mods later??

Leave a comment:

• Zadok
    replied
    It's funny, when I first started driving the colt it was annoying, but it stopped happening after a month or so, and hasn't happened since. I'm guessing my driving has changed to prevent the overrun, but I didn't consciously change anything lol.

Leave a comment:

• Davo_colt
    replied
    Originally posted by Macca View Post
    its the slight delay of the throttle body when you lift off for gear change.

it causes the motor to run a few more rpm up when you stick the clutch in, and make you sound like you cant drive well haha
    A mate told me that this is actually better for fast gear changes as the rpm doesn't drop so much while the clutch is in

it is a little annoying tho!

Leave a comment:

• smugsley
    replied

it causes the motor to run a few more rpm up when you stick the clutch in, and make you sound like you cant drive well haha
    I have been driving a manual for years I knew that it wasnt me!

Leave a comment:

• alba
    replied

i've compensated for that over time
    when i drive other peoples cars i have to re-adjust haha

Leave a comment:

• Mitsiman
    replied
    I will mark it up as a thing to look into - but I can't give an exact ETA on when I will have this sorted out. I will update the forums once I do though

Leave a comment:

• Macca
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mitsiman
    replied
    Probably although I haven't noticed it being an issue when I drove Bunny's vehicle. I would need to get a feel for exactly what you are talking about and then datalog to ascertain what exactly we are trying to rectify.

Leave a comment:

• Macca
    replied
    One question, Are you able to remove than damn annoying throttle over run in the stage run flash?

Leave a comment:

• Zadok
    replied
    Haha, I too have spoken to Dave about getting boost lowered a bit for my flash. I'll be looking for 17psi or so midrange as my goal.

Leave a comment:

• Ayu452
    replied
    wooden block underneath accel pedal should do the job

Leave a comment:

• Davo_colt
    replied
    Originally posted by bunnybash View Post
    I think your driving habits would change, I know mine have...smashing my foot to the floor is no longer practical for driving or tyres! I rarely hit 20 psi yesterday as I forced myself to drive like a nana, trying to get a guage of how fuel economy is after re flash!
    That's true bunny i do have a nearly stock car so it will be very different driving a much more powerful rcolt

Originally posted by Mitsiman View Post
    If you particulary want the bosot lower it can be arranged thats no problems.
    Ok great thanks Dave that's good to know... when the mail orders (non-asian women ones) are available I will discuss this further with you

Leave a comment:

• Mitsiman
    replied
    If you particulary want the bosot lower it can be arranged thats no problems.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X