X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for Stickies / FAQ

Any suggestions or wishes to be added as stickies, please post here and we will look into setting something up.

with the stage 1 flash using higher boost... can a MBC or electronic boost controller be installed to turn down the boost to around 13psi for everyday use and then bump it up to 18 for joy rides? if so could you recommend a suitable boost controller and installation location?

Comment

You could use a MBC but that would be going backwards in terms of boost control. An aftermarket boost controller (electronic) could be used as well. But honestly, boost control is controlled by your right foot. If you are only giving it 50 - 75% throttle, its not goign to peak at 20 psi boost. Remember the colts have bosot control by throttle position, meaning that at different throttle levels, they run different boost levels (Lower).

Comment

After my conversations with Dave, I just thought it might be nice to let everyone else know the process of buying a stage 1 tune and then later buying a stage 2 tune etc when they become available.

The stage 1 tune is $100 (as Dave has already mentioned), and the stage 2 tune will be about $200.
        If you have already bought the stage 1 tune, it will only cost you an extra $100 to buy the stage 2 tune, which I believe is great as it doesn't penalise anyone buying the stage 1 tune as soon as it is available.

If I have incorrectly stated anything please let me know Dave, cheers.

Comment

What more can you squeeze out of that engine with stage 2?
          injectors and the like will be mandatory from you previous write up right Mitsi?

Comment

Dave mentioned to me that the stage 2 tune will involve flatter boost curves, ignition timing changes and more work on the mivec maps.

I believe there's still a little more that can safely be squeezed out of the stock injectors (something around 200hp at the hubs should be achievable), and possibly a little more power down low.

Comment

Once I complete a stage 2 tune we will finalsie detaisl on injectors etc. Odds are the stage 2 will just scrape in witha fuel pump upgrade only, but stage 3 will definitly require injectors.

And Zadok your wording is correct on the costings of the flash tunes.

Comment

You could sticky what sort of hardware is required for a stage 1, stage 2 etc
                My first question qould be can I stick with the OEM IC? I wanna go with the sleeper look

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsiman View Post
                  You could use a MBC but that would be going backwards in terms of boost control. An aftermarket boost controller (electronic) could be used as well. But honestly, boost control is controlled by your right foot. If you are only giving it 50 - 75% throttle, its not goign to peak at 20 psi boost. Remember the colts have bosot control by throttle position, meaning that at different throttle levels, they run different boost levels (Lower).
                  Thanks Dave... 20psi does sound like a lot of fun! But I tend to put my foot flat to the floor very often so if i have the reflash i will be hitting 20psi a lot!!! and im not too comfortable with that just yet as I want to preserve the life of the vehicle and avoid complications. I'm much happier to run a peak of 16-17psi with other mods such as the tubo back exhaust to improve performance. Do you think with the reflash I will be able to run a smooth peak boost of approx. 16psi at full throttle and still hold 12psi at 6500rpm (where peak kw will be)?

Comment

I think your driving habits would change, I know mine have...smashing my foot to the floor is no longer practical for driving or tyres! I rarely hit 20 psi yesterday as I forced myself to drive like a nana, trying to get a guage of how fuel economy is after re flash!

Comment

If you particulary want the bosot lower it can be arranged thats no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnybash View Post
                        I think your driving habits would change, I know mine have...smashing my foot to the floor is no longer practical for driving or tyres! I rarely hit 20 psi yesterday as I forced myself to drive like a nana, trying to get a guage of how fuel economy is after re flash!
                        That's true bunny i do have a nearly stock car so it will be very different driving a much more powerful rcolt

Originally posted by Mitsiman View Post
                        If you particulary want the bosot lower it can be arranged thats no problems.
                        Ok great thanks Dave that's good to know... when the mail orders (non-asian women ones) are available I will discuss this further with you

Comment

wooden block underneath accel pedal should do the job

Comment

Haha, I too have spoken to Dave about getting boost lowered a bit for my flash. I'll be looking for 17psi or so midrange as my goal.

Comment

One question, Are you able to remove than damn annoying throttle over run in the stage run flash?

Comment

Working...
                              X