X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally.. stylzjhn Thanks for the file! and thanks for keeping this site alive...
    Last edited by sliders7; 04-06-2014, 07:54 PM.

Comment

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=2BE98...2F190C9F40!190

Comment

Hey Macca are you sharing anything new? Link doesn't work for me for some reason..

Comment

Nah, it was your deff's and edu flash, Seems to work on my end, do you have a hotmail account?
          Didn't work for blake either the other day

Comment

Thread revival!

OK probably aimed at Macca or Daed.
            Chucking it on forum because potential info is better here than on FB getting all mixed up in the gay tranny date raping action.

Noticed in the Macca "good 3port" rom the Reactive Solenoid tables are zeroed out so the 3port uses just the WGDC map and nothing else, hence the Boost target maps don't seem to be referenced.
            I have replicated this and it works mostly because it's easy to understand what's going on etc.

The question is:

Can the Reactive Solenoid tables be re-populated in order to use the boost target maps rather than "hit and miss" tweaking the WGDC tables?

I guess what I'm looking for is more understanding and a way to use the boost target maps to define max boost, rather than just WGDC map to control how the solenoid achieves boost.

From all of this at the moment with WGDC maps the same for the 3port to work, I'm finding going WOT at different speeds/rpm, I'm getting different boost peaks.

Eg,
            WOT in gear 2-3 @ ~3000rpm it peaks at 15psi,
            WOT in gear 4-5 @ ~3000rpm it peaks at 13psi.

Am gonna try it based on the stock 2 port setup, and scaled versions of WGDC maps to suit 3port unit. See what happens.

My guess is it will just hit 12psi and that's it, which is where the extra knowledge is needed to increase the overall target.
            Last edited by skyrex; 27-02-2015, 10:32 PM.

Comment

People tend to turn the reactive boost control off because they don't fully understand its function and it's time consuming to setup correctly. It is a far better method of boost control. Depending on your target boost, you may need to adjust the offset, also make sure you leave the two stage setting on.

Comment

Cool thanks mate. Had a feeling it was more of an understanding thing as you said. That is the general "feeling" I've had too while driving, the 3port is good, but it is noticeable knowing how the stock 2port behaves in comparison. Gonna give it a crack while im off work for a bit. Thanks for the tips, will use that and just go at it bit at a time.

Comment

Turning it off stopped a lot of overboosting issues.

But you would also need to adjust the target load maps to get the desired boost as well.

If the car isnt hitting target load levels as it wants to the reactive boost with in its limits will add more boost, which can cause too much boost.

It just take more time to tune, but can be done

Comment

Originally posted by skyrex View Post

Noticed in the Macca "good 3port" rom the Reactive Solenoid tables are zeroed out so the 3port uses just the WGDC map and nothing else, hence the Boost target maps don't seem to be referenced.
                    Despite these being turned off, the ECU still makes reference to the target load maps, though its impact is less dramatic. I haven't found why in the code yet, only noticed this behavior recently. You can verify this by dropping 10 off the target load in an rpm band, and see how max boost gets reduced.

Originally posted by skyrex View Post
                    Can the Reactive Solenoid tables be re-populated in order to use the boost target maps rather than "hit and miss" tweaking the WGDC tables?
                    Yes, its been done. It's tricky to get right though if your'e starting from scratch as all settings in the boost section need to be working together. Non reactive boost much easier to configure. External boost control is a better method for accurate boost control though - both types of factory ECU boost are prone to some error..
                    Last edited by andy; 03-03-2015, 11:28 AM.

Comment

They would always get referenced, "Turning them off" just means changing them to zero, it would still technically call the map up, but not make any adjustments

Comment

Ah, what I meant was, even with them zeroed off, boost will still get reduced by the ECU...just not as much..

Comment

Or atleast that's what I found about a week ago.. Will retest it when I get a moment to doubly confirm.

Comment

im sure its possible, try bumping up the target load maps a little

Comment

Yeah that's what I did, moved them up by 5, and even though boost control is zeroe'd out, suddenly higher peak boost at that rpm. Got me thinking there must be more settings not exposed in the existing XML. But I'll re-confirm that it wasn't just me doing something silly.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/groups/rcolt/files/

Can be found here

Comment

Working...
                                X