X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macca's Tune

Here it is, The tune I have used on many a colt, This was a group tune, and has gone on many cars.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Macca's Tune

Hi Macca,
    Just wanted to say thanks for your work and sharing it.
    Great that you've included a little txt file in there giving basic directions and warnings.

Going to flash for the 3 port over the next few days and will let you guys know how it goes.

As Macca said, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Comment

Thanks heaps Macca! Im pretty keen to give this ago. Stylz when will you be available to flash this on to my car? I think ill get my hands on a 3port first to make this tune more worth while. I'll try and buy one this week.
      Last edited by Kalidae; 17-02-2014, 12:55 PM.

Comment

With a 3 port watch for boost spikes in higher gears around 2500-4000rpm you can see in the maps where the WGDC has to be dropped off to correct it

Comment

Might get a group flash happening, as other colt owners might want a reflash too.
          Will be easier to get everything done on the 1 day. But please note.
          I will not be changing anything from Macca's flash. This has been used on numerous cars.
          Last edited by stylzjhn; 17-02-2014, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
            With a 3 port watch for boost spikes in higher gears around 2500-4000rpm you can see in the maps where the WGDC has to be dropped off to correct it
            I'll be logging my drives so hopefully I won't get such boost spikes. Does this occur in some cars and not in others?

Also, with the Rev Limit, I notice its been decreased in the tuned file. Is there any reason for this?
            Last edited by stylzjhn; 17-02-2014, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stylzjhn View Post
              Might get a group flash happening, as other colt owners might want a reflash too. Will be easier to get everyQTE853713352thing done on the 1 day. But please note. I will not be changing anything from Macca's flash. This has been used on numerous cars.
              Alright dude that's a good idea, would love to meet some peeps from here. I'm going to get on to Runuts sometime in the next week or 2 and order a turbo smart plumb back, kn panel filter and a 3 port. Might as well start with a few small mods.

Comment

If your running a 3 port boost maps will be needed to be changed in 90% of cases it all depends on intake mods

Boost spike again is depend on boost maps which change with intake mods

I perfer the lower limit, the engines are not the best on revs and large boost

Comment

Oh okay, sounds like stylz doesn't wanna change anything so it might be a no go for me for your tune. I want a 3 port.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalidae View Post
                    Oh okay, sounds like stylz doesn't wanna change anything so it might be a no go for me for your tune. I want a 3 port.
                    I'm not confident in myself to tune 3 ports yet. I can flash it for you if you want. But when it comes to tweaks then I need time to work it out on my own car before I make changes on someone elses. Its up to you really if you want to run the 3 port flash. Or I can flash for your stock 2 port.

Macca has run this flash on multiple cars though, and I haven't heard of any issues with Macca's flash.
                    Last edited by stylzjhn; 17-02-2014, 07:29 PM.

Comment

All good man! Understanding this stuff is like trying to understand matrix code. I'll send u a pm later on when I finish work, just so we aren't spamming this thread anymore haha.

Comment

Also, The car doesn't log boost, so you will need a boost gauge. I used to use an old turbo smart mechanical, and a really long hose and pass it through the passenger window haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                          Also, The car doesn't log boost, so you will need a boost gauge. I used to use an old turbo smart mechanical, and a really long hose and pass it through the passenger window haha.
                          LOL, that's one way to do it. I have a boost gauge on my steering wheel and Apexi unit. Love the apexi unit as its VERY accurate and gives a reading of 2 decimal places in Bar. eg 1.21bar etc.

Just ran Macca's flash. Seems to work better than my previous flash. Tried running 3 port but I don't think I connected it properly and over boosted to 1.38 bar.
                          Will have to check it out again later when I have the time.

Flash works really well with my EBC and next to no knock counts. I did slight tweaks to the throttle maps though so its to my liking.

Comment

Good to hear you like it!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X