X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water-Spray for stock intercooler

hey ppl i have bee trialing this water sray kit that i have made and now that we have had some realy hot days it makes a difference.

Basicily the water cools the intercooler down and make the air cooler so there for on a hot day it feels like your driving it on a cool morning.

What i have used is a switch on the gear shifter which switches a realy behind the dash witch trigers the extra wahser bottle motor.

the PVC pipe is the bottle is 50mm pipe with ends an elbow and the motor at the bottom, it 50mm cause it can just slide in between the batt and ABS comp down to the bottom of the fromt bar.( you have to drill the hole fr the motor and put the gromet in tahn slide the pipe in than take the spot light out and than you can work in there for wirring and the motor)

im still expermenting with diff squiters but these ones are worknig good but the water in the bottle does not last long

I have seen Dave's setup personally. Its gonna be a very cheap solution to let your car run fresh at anytime. Not neccessary gonna increase your horsepower, but at least it will keep the early morning freshness longer....if you know what i mean. This solution can extend to radiator cooling as well.

Comment

good start, but i cant see anything in those pics, sept the water squirters..

Comment

First pic: you can see the squirters. Second pic is where Dave used a PVC pipe thats held behind the front headlight that stores the water to be sprayed. Third pic: You can see a thin lever in front of the gear knob. Thats the switch used to turn on the water spraying.

Comment

helps if you have seen it up close i guess..

Comment

I haven't seen the need for this, its bloody hot on the Gold Coast at the moment and my car has not suffered from the heat at all. Went for a mountain run with a Polo GTi which was much faster than me in a straight line(chipped, exhaust, induction, etc etc), came back down the mountain and raced him at the lights, pulling about a car length in front, simply due to the heat affecting his car, not mine. our front air dam is very open, a LOT of air flows through there. However in saying that, every bit helps I guess!

Comment

I am running on PIVOT water spray controller using a 1 litre tank with 2 nozzles attached...not bad I would say...using rpm settings 3k to operate whenever I need that extra cooling for abit more power...

Comment

Originally posted by 27AME View Post
                I haven't seen the need for this, its bloody hot on the Gold Coast at the moment and my car has not suffered from the heat at all. Went for a mountain run with a Polo GTi which was much faster than me in a straight line(chipped, exhaust, induction, etc etc), came back down the mountain and raced him at the lights, pulling about a car length in front, simply due to the heat affecting his car, not mine. our front air dam is very open, a LOT of air flows through there. However in saying that, every bit helps I guess!
                i'm in brisbane and definitely noticed the difference driving around the city the other day - would think in ur situation u were gettin plenty of air into the engine bay due to pretty constantly travelling at decent speed, so doesn't have much of an effect on performance.. but if ur not driving at speed u would notice performance suffering a bit

Comment

yea your all right but goo to see some input but as well it might make a big difference if the end tanks on our standard intercooler are plastic (hope to change that soon)

Comment

removing front fog lamp

i'm keen to do the same thing, but want to know how to remove the front left fog lamp for access. looks like a very basic install though, nothing difficult about it.

just one question though, does much water leak onto the ground in front of the left hand wheel when it's on?

thanks

Comment

I'm guessing that the intercooler sprayer should actually be producing a fine mist, not necessarily a spray as such. Just means that it will evaporate better on the warm intercooler face and you won't end up emptying the reservoir in 3 seconds flat with a huge pool of water lying on the ground.

Comment

does much water leak onto the ground in front of the left hand wheel when it's on?

thanks
                        no cause i used the valves from an evo frot mount i have a nother set of lines and valves for $40 if you want it

Comment

I/C Spray

how long are the lines? I'm semi-interested. Also, how many nozzles?

Comment

there is no nozels here are some pics of the kit, you only need one valve though if you use a standard Comm water-jets motoh

Comment

water spray

Underneath the vehicle on the intercooler side is a 1-2cm hole in the plastic underbody. I thought this would be a good spot to put an intercooler spray through. It would need a post of some sort to hold it up, or at least to affix the spray hose to something.

See attached picture, if you've done something similar let me know. I pointed a torch at my hand and stuck it under the hole.

Comment

Working...
                              X