X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intercooler size

Looking for a intercooler ..Does anyone know what is the perfect size ? 600*300*100,500*140*65,500*180*65,450*180*65,300*1 60*65etc.....

Originally posted by Rcolt09 View Post
    Looking for a intercooler ..Does anyone know what is the perfect size ? 600*300*100,500*140*65,500*180*65,450*180*65,300*1 60*65etc.....
    I just ordered one from Runuts, it is prob the best intercooler available for our cars without serious modding.

Otherwise 0dd0ne is selling his core for $75, you just need to cut the bumper a little bit for that, look at the photos of his ride.

Comment

I'm using one from greddy. Pretty good response

Comment

I'm using one from greddy. Pretty good response. I'm on a 04. Start spool at 2800. Full boost at 4500

Comment

No 'off-the-shelf' unit would be perfect due to the odd space and the air-conditioning canister (I think it is) in that space...

The runuts cooler is customised to fit in that void and work around the canister...

Any 'off-the-shelf' unit would need to be tiny to fit beside the canister and behind the mesh, or else the mesh would need to be removed and it sticking out quite a bit and not looking very OEM at all...

You can see how well the runuts cooler fits due to this workmanship... I went with the OEM Evo look, black silicon and bare aluminium...

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2.../WP_000194.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...7/Canister.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2.../WP_000042.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8210/8...7e201c43_c.jpg
          Last edited by fauxpas; 21-12-2012, 04:04 PM.

Comment

If u have the money then definitely get the kit from runuts....simple bolt on and its customised to fit our Colts. Otherwise get the XR6T cooler if you're on a smaller budget. Some work required to get it fitted nicely but still a very good cooler. I'm saving to get one from runuts.

Comment

Learn from 0dd0ne even tho he's gay but he's tried all these coolers and he's now got runuts core.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, really appreciated.
                End up ordered the universal intercooler and looking for someone to do the piping and thinking also do the custom intake at the same time..
                Anyone know anybody who does it well in Sydney?
                Last edited by Rcolt09; 04-01-2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcolt09 View Post
                  Thanks for the info guys, really appreciated.
                  End you order the universal intercooler and looking for someone to do the piping and thinking also do the custom intake at the same time..
                  Anyone know anybody who does it well in Sydney?
                  0dd0nes core is sitting in his garage and he only wants $75 for it.

Any exhaust place can pipe it you in steel but its a lot easier to just buy the pipe kit from RPW.

Comment

$50. Not 75.

Comment

What is the cheapest option in regards to not having to cut any bumper out?

Comment

Originally posted by zguesjo View Post
                        What is the cheapest option in regards to not having to cut any bumper out?
                        XR6 setup will fit and is cheap, not sure how much of an improvement it will be tho. If you try this tho pipe it right

Comment

Anyone had their car dynoed with one of Todd's cores fitted yet?

Comment

Originally posted by odysseyesm View Post
                            Shouldn't be that different.

I would guess you will need tuning to get the most out of Todd's core, cooler air means less chance of pinging so you can run a more aggressive ignition and boost

Comment

Originally posted by odysseyesm View Post
                              Yeah Todds car.

Comment

Working...
                              X