X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aem water to meth injection

Hey guys I've just come across this Aem water to meth injection kit and says it keeps intake temps down plus more power for a good price. Is anyone on this forum using this kit? And Is this a good mod to have for a daily street car or is more for racing?

Cheers

I’m still saving up for the whole AEM setup. It’ll increase your pulling torque. Applicable either on street or race.

Comment

Have u looked into Snow Performance kit?

Comment

No, I didn’t and never heard of that. Anyway website?

Comment

what ignition advance/boost will this allow you to run?

Comment

Had a look into these water/meth injectors guys and in the end I think that they are too risky. If your running on the ragged edge of tune to the point where you need water/meth injection it's effectively the same as running your injectors at 100% duty cycle.
            If that pump packs it in or you run out of water/meth your going to blow it up. Get it tuned right the first time with bigger injectors - this sort of thing is more aimed at 'low tech' mechanical injection. Electronic controlled injection has much capacity for retuning to suit big changes to factory tunes especially with OpenEcu and that sort of thing.

Comment

Water/methanol injection allows you to run on more aggressive tune by cooling the intake charged air. It’s up to your tuner how much he wants to advance the ignition.

Originally posted by Geebung71 View Post
              what ignition advance/boost will this allow you to run?

Comment

You’re coming from the opposite.

One should setup the water/methanol injection first then tune to it. Rather then tune to the edge and setup water/methanol injection to keep the engine running there.

Take a look at AEM Water/Methanol Injection Kit. Comes with an electronic progressive pump controller with boost safe feature. It’ll retard timing when your system ran out of water/methanol. I recommend AEM kit coz theirs more complete.

Originally posted by odysseyesm View Post
                Had a look into these water/meth injectors guys and in the end I think that they are too risky. If your running on the ragged edge of tune to the point where you need water/meth injection it's effectively the same as running your injectors at 100% duty cycle.
                If that pump packs it in or you run out of water/meth your going to blow it up. Get it tuned right the first time with bigger injectors - this sort of thing is more aimed at 'low tech' mechanical injection. Electronic controlled injection has much capacity for retuning to suit big changes to factory tunes especially with OpenEcu and that sort of thing.
                Last edited by tingtw; 20-03-2012, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Thought I'd revive this topic as I've been doing a bit more research lately.
                  Had a look at some of the more popular US and UK sites such as alcoholinjectionsystems.com, coolingmist.com, aquamist.co.uk and a few other which are listed in the document for which I have provided a the address below.
                  http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/waterinjection.html
                  Have a read of the document if you are interested as I found it very informative compared to other sites and easy to understand as it’s written in layman’s terms. This particular company, "RB-racing", deal primarily in bikes and I believe that the systems that they have developed over time are probably more appropriate to my application mainly due to engine capacity and induction similarity. Most of the other sites deal with larger capacity applications so it’s hard to find relevant data. Towards the end of the doc is a table which you can use to identify the correct nozzle size using engine data, which in my case I sourced straight from my dyno readout. I am also interested in setting up a two solenoid/hobbs switch system so that I can simultaneously inject into the intake system and spray the intercooler for maximum charge air cooling effect. All of the parts needed can be sourced online i.e. Nozzles, switches, relays, coffee machine pumps etc. and although I haven’t totalled the costs up I'm confident that I can put something together for a whole lot less $$ than the systems marketed by the aforementioned sites.

Enjoy

Comment

Its prob easier and cheaper to have your car reflashed to run bigger injectors and E85, only issue is that you need a constant supply of E85 afterwards

Comment

No way would that be a cheaper option, $500 min for tune + hardware (injectors, new hoses) + running costs (havent looked into litres/km cost for e85 so I may be wrong) as opposed to less than $400 outlay for water injection setup (if done properly).
                      Plus, at the end of the day I'm not actually after any more power. What I want to achieve is a situation where the intake charge temp is such that it allows the OEM ECU to product as much grunt as there is potential for with current setup (ie. minimise ignition retardation) and to prevent detonation. Obviously this isnt going to be everyones cup of tea but I'm keen to apply it as it's been proven to have the required benefits. This is also an option which keeps the car lookiing stock and saves on cost of custom IC setup which can cost anywhere between $500 diy and $1200 for a bolt in system.

Comment

Not to mention the fact u will need an aftermarket ecu too..

Comment

No you don't. It's a tune/pump and injectors for e85. And it's cheaper then 98.

Comment

So stock ecu can be tuned to run e85?? I must have been thinking bout flex fuel..

Comment

It's just rescaling of injectors suitable to run e85 + re-mapping a/f tables accordingly also.
                              Mate of mine is about to do it in his VR4 with stock ECU.
                              E85 might be cheaper, but you use more/don't get as much range out of a tank...

Comment

Working...
                              X