X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whiteline Anti lift Kit

Has anyone installed Whitelines range of anti-lift kits?

I am considering the below but have been warned that there for competition only and will cause excessive interior noise and vibration. Surely the internal road noise couldn't get any worse in the colt...

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_...number=KCA401M

They have given me another option, below, but it looks a little less effective.

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_..._number=KCA334

Both kits have been quoted to me for a lot less than listed on the web site so i was considering giving it a go and reporting on the results.

Any comments?

You can always get in contact with our newest member: JonAtTMR who is the TMR rep in Oz at the moment. I have the Ralliart antilift kit in the front along with front upper strut mount plates and it's a lot more respnsive now.
    All need to do is track down the rear upper shock mounts and I'll be a happier camper. Then it'll prolly be Ralliart springs and shocks to finish it all off suspension wise at least...

Comment

Originally posted by odysseyesm View Post
      front upper strut mount plates
      from TMR?

Comment

Originally posted by odysseyesm View Post
        You can always get in contact with our newest member: JonAtTMR who is the TMR rep in Oz at the moment. I have the Ralliart antilift kit in the front along with front upper strut mount plates and it's a lot more respnsive now.
        All need to do is track down the rear upper shock mounts and I'll be a happier camper. Then it'll prolly be Ralliart springs and shocks to finish it all off suspension wise at least...
        Was there a significant increase in noise or vibration in the car once you fitted the anti-lift/caster kit?

Comment

I didn't get mine from TMR but they should be able to get them.

There was no significant change in noise, a little bit but not much. I notice more noise difference running 40psi instead of 33psi in the tyres. The Ralliart bushes are rubber not metal.
          You could run the metal Whiteline bushes and make up a steel plate to replace the front strut top, it will increase steering response, be noisy and harsh tho. Cheap as steering improvement!

Comment

cwar have you tried the anti lift kit? Im also looking after one...

Does anyone know where I can get a ALK for the Colt? I couldnt find it in the whitelines page. Thanks

Comment

It's in the white line page. If not its the street Evo x one.

I have had mine in for a year and Blake just got his in

Comment

Yeh I've had the whiteline ALK in the car for over a year. I love it but if your going down the coil over route I wouldn't bother as the coil over kit will have more adjustability.
                Pedders will sell and install or go to the whiteline web page for specific model numbers.

Comment

How hard are these to install?

Comment

does this ALK help with the hard acceleration? Im thinking it will help with less wheelspin?

Comment

Yes, the ALK effectively changes the rake angle of the shocks which changes the proportion of force the shocks have to deal with resulting in less movevment under acceleration and breaking.

Install is easy but not for the faint hearted. You will at a minimum need someone to press the bushes into the control arm.

Comment

I didnt feel any difference whatsoever with these installed. I did the caster kit and the harder bushes for the lower arm.

The caster kit did give .5 degree of caster increase however on the print out.

All in all, the best mods you can do for the colt handling is a good clutch diff and front AND rear sways.

Comment

I don't dispute that the ALK difference is slight but its all you can do if your not up for fully adjustable coil overs.

Comment

Depends on on the coilovers. Some only allow for camber movement.

Blakes ones dont allow it

Depending on where you get your BC's from you may or may not get strut tops. Mine never come with them ex NZ

Comment

I haven't seen any coil overs for the colt that have caster adjustment.

Comment

Working...
                              X