X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foR View Post
    Is there a ultra racing a catalogue for the r colt? Can't find anything on their website
    http://www.ultraracing.my/Catalog.as...(Mivec)&page=1

some parts suit the R*Colt, where some need a few mods to the car/part to fit

parts that i have that don't need modding are:

Rear Strut Bar
    Room Bar.

i also have the 'Front Lower Bar', but it needs to be slightly grinded near oil filter (and thin oil filter used), plus some have had issues with it sitting low on lowered Colts.

if you have the funds go Cusco, Jap brands etc, they fit perfectly IMO

try Ebay for most of the UR colt parts

Comment

My rear strut bar is about 4-5mm out and I've yet to install it due to laziness... I recently bought a dremmel so i should get off my arse and do it...

Comment

Originally posted by Canberra Colt View Post

got the cusco one, money well spent and fits perfect and its blueeeeee

Comment

some parts suit the R*Colt, where some need a few mods to the car/part to fit

parts that i have that don't need modding are:

Rear Strut Bar
          Room Bar.

i also have the 'Front Lower Bar', but it needs to be slightly grinded near oil filter (and thin oil filter used), plus some have had issues with it sitting low on lowered Colts.

try Ebay for most of the UR colt parts
          So the UR room bar is a straight fit for the rcolt? Was thinking about getting one.

Comment

All the mentioned bars are for the N/A colt, not the rcolt as some of you may know. The rear strut bar requires some heavy duty washers to hold it on as for some reason they drilled the holes/slot way too large. The rear swaybar is a waste of time on the colt, the mounting points are all wrong, you are better off with Whiteline or Cusco ones which are much better quality. The room bar will probably fit ok, and as mentioned, the front under brace has to be cut and shut to fit - the YR Advance one is excellent quality, adjustable and noise free.

Someone else on the forum had also bought the front quarter panel braces from Ultimate Racing but we never heard back from them, so I guess they didn't fit - if you want something similar for the quarter panels, get the set from HKS Kansai. Give an importer details of what you want and they can track them down for you, it might cost more but at least you are getting top quality gear that fits right first time and fit without the aid of a drill and hammer.

The room bar should fit straight up as it just uses the seatbelt mounting bolts, so there should not be any difference between models.

Other brands worth looking at include Laile Beatrush who are very reasonably priced for a Japanese company, Carbing (Okuyama) also make bracing, along with Coltspeed Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Corosith View Post
              All the mentioned bars are for the N/A colt, not the rcolt as some of you may know. The rear strut bar requires some heavy duty washers to hold it on as for some reason they drilled the holes/slot way too large. The rear swaybar is a waste of time on the colt, the mounting points are all wrong, you are better off with Whiteline or Cusco ones which are much better quality. The room bar will probably fit ok, and as mentioned, the front under brace has to be cut and shut to fit - the YR Advance one is excellent quality, adjustable and noise free.

Someone else on the forum had also bought the front quarter panel braces from Ultimate Racing but we never heard back from them, so I guess they didn't fit - if you want something similar for the quarter panels, get the set from HKS Kansai. Give an importer details of what you want and they can track them down for you, it might cost more but at least you are getting top quality gear that fits right first time and fit without the aid of a drill and hammer.

The room bar should fit straight up as it just uses the seatbelt mounting bolts, so there should not be any difference between models.

Other brands worth looking at include Laile Beatrush who are very reasonably priced for a Japanese company, Carbing (Okuyama) also make bracing, along with Coltspeed Japan.
              Colt speed $_$

Comment

True, but some of their bracing is at reasonable prices compared to items like their now discontinued intercooler and airbox. Forgot to mention Cusco also do a few bars for the colt.

Comment

Originally posted by wombat View Post
                  So the UR room bar is a straight fit for the rcolt? Was thinking about getting one.
                  yes they are a straight fit

Comment

yes they are a straight fit
                    Did u have to use a big washer for the install?

Comment

• Originally posted by Satio View Post
                      Did u have to use a big washer for the install?
                      No, the holes in my rear strut bar were not over drilled like some poor guys on here, just rattle gun until super tight, no washers.

Comment

• The holes on mine were so large that the stock nuts for the shockers would simply fall straight through, not very good engineering, especially if the manufacturing differs from item to item.

Comment

Working...
                        X