X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vortex Generator

i was searching on the forum to find out where to get a vortex generator for the rcolt, i know hendos got it so where can i get this and how much is it??

thanks guys

I'm searching to.

We need to get the ones for the swift sport~

there was one selling on ebay but the dudes gone

i'm wanna get one to ><~

Comment

i found some on ebay it says its for Evo's so will it still fit our Colt??

heres the lInk

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mitsubishi-La...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

I doubt it will fit, aside from a lot of trimming! The other problem is that it has a large hollow centre fin fot fitment over the Evo radio aerial, which just happens to be at the back of the roof - better keep an eye out for a swift one on ebay I guess!

Comment

be interesting to see photos of such a thing on the RColt

Comment

check MLT's members ride thread.

Comment

Not sure if it would work properly with a wing directly behind it...

http://www.rcolt.com/attachment.php?...1&d=1189592710

Comment

The vortex generator will only be a pure "race inspired cosmetic enhanced" thing for rcolt

Comment

as long as it looks good who cares

so if anyone knows where to get it please let me know i really appreciate it

Comment

That's right Lovecolt, purely for looks, but looks good though - also just a pic of my car and hendos red rcolt, both with the same vortex generator!

Comment

where did you get it?? did it need trimming to fit? really want to get one

Comment

could we reap any benefits from removing the rear wing and replacing it with a vortex generator?

Comment

Not really. I think (don't quote me on that) V.generator is there, purely to direct better air flow towards Evo's rear "cloth hanging" wing for stability. Since RColt has nothing after the air drops from the roof, the v.generator will be a total useless item.

Comment

Unfortunately, the ebay seller that we purchased these items from is no longer a registered seller! If you can source a unit that suits a Suzuki Swift (latest model), then that should fit with minor trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by lovecolt View Post
                              Not really. I think (don't quote me on that) V.generator is there, purely to direct better air flow towards Evo's rear "cloth hanging" wing for stability. Since RColt has nothing after the air drops from the roof, the v.generator will be a total useless item.
                              Vortex Generators only work well above 180km/hr. Creates swirling effect pushing down on evo rear wing to aid aerodynamic stability at high speeds. Purely for aesthetic as how many people travel 180km/hr on public roads.

Does look cool on Hendo's car though.

Comment

Working...
                              X