X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBC rear slotted rotors

Can anyone confirm if the EURO colts (CZT) have the same brakes as ours?

Just receieved my 'RDA' rear slotted rotors from RPW and they are definitely EBC Turbo Groove rotors (zinc anodized with additonal cooling 'dimples' as well as grooved slots). PCD looks right (comparing against the RDA front rotors i have sitting there waiting to be installed). Cross-reference with number stamped on the rotor corresponds to the CZT lisitng in the EBC catalogue.

They've come from RDA (i know they are an EBC dist), sticker with Part Number RDA7999G - come in an EBC box.

Whats the diameter of std rear rotors?

I should of asked Dave, but just curious?

Cheers

Dixcel quote the Colt Ralliart rear disc at 250 x 10mm, 114.3 stud pattern, 69mm centre bore, front discs are 281 x 26mm.

Comment

Yes the brakes are the same on the CZT and the CVR.

I found at that the cheapest method is to get Brakeparts from the Volvo S40 T4 1.9 200hp model. It also shares the same brake system as our colts.

For the front your options are: Disk EBC Turbogroove GD925 (281x25) Pads: are starting with standard pads over green, red, yellow and blue
      For the rear your options are: Disk EBC Turbogroove GD854 (250x10) Pads are starting with standard pads over green, red, yellow and blue

I personally would stick to yellow or red. In my opinion they are the most suited with the grooved disks. Forget about black, green (like stock less brakedust) and blue (Racingpad needs long heatup).

The part No are:

Turbogroove Front: GD925
      Turbogroove Rear: GD854
      Redstuffpads Front: DP31139C
      Yellowpads Front: DP41139R
      Redstuffpads Rear: DP31076C
      Yellowstufpads Rear: DP41076R

Hope that helps to save some money in the future

Comment

Beautiful, thanks for that guys.

Just measured the rear rotors and they are the dimensions you have mentioned Chris. No need for me to worry now! Will be interesting to see how effective the finished package will be once installed.

Cheers!

Comment

If its just the rotor, I doubt you will feel any difference.

Comment

Whole new set of fresh brake pads and rotors, with hi-temp fluid. Day to day commuting..you're probably right....but it will be the Adelaide Hills tarmac which will yield the results.

Comment

Originally posted by wombat View Post
              They've come from RDA (i know they are an EBC dist), sticker with Part Number RDA7999G - come in an EBC box.
              Them's the ones... RDA bring the EBC rotors over as blanks, and the slotting and gold passivating is done locally in Melbourne.

Comment

Brilliant, cheers greg.

BTW thanks for the pad and front rotor order, arrived promptly, just need them installed now! Cheers mate ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by wombat View Post
                  Brilliant, cheers greg.

BTW thanks for the pad and front rotor order, arrived promptly, just need them installed now! Cheers mate ;-)
                  Hey mate,

If you don't feel like installing them yourself, you're best to wait until you get a service to have them fitted. Zupps only charged me $80 to have my front rotors fitted when I got a service, compared to the ludicrous $500 I was charged when I originally had new pads fitted at a workshop.

Comment

This is a good site for brake pads
                    http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/car/p...%282004%2D%29#

Comment

Working...
                    X