Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the Evo 3 guys have suggested an upgrade, Its a bee's dick under or over 1"

Comment

Cool cool, a mate of mine in Newie has obtained some brembo's for his VR4 and I'm planning to grab his DP's from him when he puts them on. Apparently he needs brackets or somesuch to fit them.
      One would presume if Pajero's/Manga's have same calipers, they would also have bigger cylinders we could possibly use?

Comment

Yeh not sure, half the magnas dont even have the dual pots, so it could be the same size MS.

When my mate is online next ill ask him where to get a larger MS from.

Comment

So, just reading up, the Colt rotor is UNABLE to be used due to being 1mm too wide correct? And because of this, you need to use the Evo 3 front disks? KR/KS Twin piston calipers are a dime a dozen at the wreckers (Well, more like $60 a set) and being grandpa cars I haven't rebuilt a set yet that needed a rebuild kit put into them. So trying to see what other parts I'd need to make this work on Michelle's Colt, keeping in mind seeing as she has a brand new set of front slotted rotors if I could somehow use the colt rotor that would be good....
          Shave .5mm off each brake pad?

Comment

Yeh, been a while, but if i threw measurements up, thats whats correct, you could shave pads down, or just buy new rotors.

Dint forget the matching bolts to the callipers

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
              Yeh, been a while, but if i threw measurements up, thats whats correct, you could shave pads down, or just buy new rotors.

Dint forget the matching bolts to the callipers
              Yep, got the bolts! Twin piston KS Verada calipers only $56 from the wreckers. Score. Being a Verada and never really raped, dust boots and deals are 99/100 in new condition. $50 to powdercoat these babies and for $100 I'll have the set of calipers purchased and rebuilt.
              Now to find a spare set of rear calipers and learn how to pull those apart....

Comment

Sounds great - keen to hear how this goes..

Comment

Working...
                X