X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of Brakes Direct Rotors and QFM A1RM Pads

Replaced the pads, slotted rotors and fluids recently (got the rotors when it was cheap through Brakes Direct) and thought i would let people know how they have gone after 1000k and a track day at Phillip Island.

The rotors are probably the biggest disappointment and were starting to get rusty with 48 hours of installation. Shouldn't have been a surprise with no anti-corrosion coating but still a bit of a letdown. Can't complain about the performance to this point and they seem to be working fine. However if I have my time again I would probably get DBA T2 (DBA2228S, DBA2227S) or EBC Turbogroove (GD925, GD854) pay the extra and have better looking discs. The Brakes Direct front rotors are these ones:

http://brakesdirect.com.au/aus/strai...0-rda7868.html

I can't find the rears on the site now.

The QFM A1RM pads have been a revelation though. No fade on the track day and great on the street. There was a fair amount of dust after the track day but I am finding it not to be an issue with street driving. The next driving trip to Tassie may change that though. I have also read that these pads chew through rotors. I hope so because I wouldn't mind replacing them but no sign of this so far. Will keep an eye out in future though.

Lastly the TRW Race 600 fluid has also performed great. Whatever I had in there previously AND the fluid before that (before I started taking an interest in these things) got cooked after track days leading to spongy brakes and needing replacing. The TRW on the other hand came out after the track day without any issue.

I would certainly recommend the A1RMs and TRW 600 to the casual track day driver.

Good review
    Im using the qfm range as well
    Qfm hpx for the street but am experiencing fade when pushed or driving spiritedly

The a1rms were my previous pad and i loved them. Will def need another set if i go to the tracks

Comment

Working...
    X