Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Ebay Sat Nav / Bluetooth / Media head units...

I know the old 'you get what you pay for' - but with the way electronics are now, everything is getting so cheap...

Things like this.. under $300.00 gets you pretty much everything you could ask for..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/EP-TOUCH-SCRE...item4cf58c8487

Quality would obviously be a concern - anyone have any experience or thoughts on these types of things? there is 100's of them on Ebay similar.

I have seen a few emon (not sure of the exact spelling) on varies cars. Didn't seem to have much complains from the owners, except the screen quality might be not as good as branded or the system is just not running as fast. Either I don't see a problem as most electronics are made in china or nearby Asian countries.

Comment

That Eonon brand seems to be ok. Just the interface and screen resolution is not that great.

Mate had it over 2yrs and no issues so far.

Comment

Had mine for 2 weeks and it was rooted

Comment

invest some more and get quality

Comment

cheap ebay units are a lottery... You could luck out, or like most, get bit!

I'd be spending a little more money on a brand name aus delivered...

Comment

I've had mine now for over a Year now.... Still works fine... Although I am getting a Bit sick of it.... Might rip it out soon and put in a Decent brand Head Unit in instead!

Comment

I had an Eonon. DVD player stopped reading after 5 months

Comment

I had an Eonon DVD player with in built screen, was good whilst it lasted but after a while it had trouble spitting the discs out so I just used it for the Ipod connection - you get what you pay for.

Comment

Considering that my Colt doesn't have the acoustics of the Opera House, I reckon the value for money and the functions of the Eonon and similar units are more than adequate.

I've had some no-name brand touch screen double DIN unit in my car since I got it (12mths) and it's fine for me.
                    A double or single DIN touchscreen unit with blueteeth, iPod/iPhone, satnav, TV, reversing camera etc, etc is bloody fantastic value in my books. Who gives a shit if it breaks or gets nicked. I doubt if it would get nicked 'cause peeps are looking to knock-off name brand stuff not the cheap Eonon type gear.

I say go for it.
                    I wanna get me one of the single DIN jobbies so I can mount my gauges in the dash as well.

Comment

If we're going to look at sound quality (not just reliability) then whatever unit you get, make sure it has a proper EQ, not just bass and treble like some cheapies have... I know there are some cheap dvd units that don't even have bass and treble, but only pre-sets...

Bad bad bad... You'll be left with flat or bloated or over-bright music...

Comment

what is your max budget?

Comment

Trying to keep costs down atm, around $500... If that's realistic or not to get all the functions with a product that will actually decently work i'm not sure!

Comment

dave

ill give you an answer in the next 24 hours as to my opinion

Comment

I bought a double din unit that was a Chinese brand of some name for a car I had about 5 years ago. The screen could not cope with our summer temperatures and would just blank-out after a day parked in the sun, yet the following morning it sometimes would work again, sometimes not. Even though I bought it through an Aus retailer off of eBay, I had to send it back to China for inspection and/ot repair. It was too much of a hassle and I never bothered [ended up selling the car sometime later]... I might have just received a dud in the first place, or the unit was not tested to work under our summer temperatures. The unit you linked to stated that it has a storage temp of 75 degrees C, so might be OK. However, it might be something to consider when contemplating getting a certified Aus stock head unit or an eBay import.

Comment

Working...
                              X