Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New D/Din Facia plate for aftermarket headunit

Hey Guys

Has anyone heard about this before? That we need to change the facia plate around the HU if we go to aftermarket?

I searched teh forum and couldnt find anything. I know plenty of uyouhave changed HU's. Please let me know what you did and where you sourced the panel/ kit from?

Cheers

I think most are just using the 7" dounble din which usually fits in without a problem and doesnt leave to much of a gap, they replace the entire standard one. Is this what your asking?

Comment

Unless your in a convertable colt. No you wont have to. If your going single din you will need a pocket which the right size can be a little hard to pick up the right style

My set up
      http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...g/IMG_0527.jpg

Comment

I got my New HU and they now want to sting me an extra $135 for this plate...... WOW!!!! over and above the $106 (up from $88 initially quoted cos its not bought from them).

Has anyone put in one of these Alpime IXA-407EBT and if so have they needed it? As far as I am aware it is a 7" unit so I also thought it would drop in teh same hole.... :-|

Comment

they are having you on mate... 7" goes straight in no hassles... If an Eonon goes in, an Alpine will

Comment

Originally posted by smugsley View Post
            I think most are just using the 7" dounble din which usually fits in without a problem and doesnt leave to much of a gap, they replace the entire standard one. Is this what your asking?
            ???????????????????

Thats what I said isn't it lol

Comment

Nah man I replaced my double din with a new double din gps etc and it was a straight bolt in.....they are ripping you off

Comment

Originally posted by ColtRt View Post
                I got my New HU and they now want to sting me an extra $135 for this plate...... WOW!!!! over and above the $106 (up from $88 initially quoted cos its not bought from them).

Has anyone put in one of these Alpime IXA-407EBT and if so have they needed it? As far as I am aware it is a 7" unit so I also thought it would drop in teh same hole.... :-|
                You will just need to use the old brackets that was holding the old cd player in place and that should be it. No need to pay $135 for a fascia plate. You may also need the trim surround that goes around the the unit to cover any space if there are any. Some units cover the whole space not requiring the trim surround.

Comment

Hi,

I have a double din mount.
                  My dashkit is an ebay UK kit.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...23c412beea.jpg

Comment

Working...
                  X