Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you have a Factory Rcolt Head Unit, and your trying to install that into your Hilux? Is that Right?

Comment

You pretty Much just need your Red (acc), Yellow (12+) and Black(Ground) hooked up to Switch on the Unit. (Some units require the Antenna plugged in) Once you know you have that right, then its pretty much the Speakers.

The Other issue you *may* have is the Security Code. Ive seen a few Head Units where the Security code will only allow the HU To work in that Particular car.

Comment

Actually.... Just Hold that for a Sec.... You do have the "Jumper Plug" still attached to the HU?? From Memory about 6 inches long, with Plugs at either end??

Comment

From memory that jumper had different colours to what's o. The stock loom I checked first time I installed a head unit.

Also there is a mistory wire from the ecu to stock head unit. No idea what it's for may be sercurity related.

Comment

Hey just wanted to ask iv just put a new headuint in swaped out from the one that come from Japan and now my reverse dont work and the srs light is on im guessing the wire labeled back light o(nly one that hasnt been connected) is what I need to connect but is ment to have +12v or ground thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
            X