X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I put larger speakers in front doors

Hi people. I have a 2009 Colt Ralliart with stock audio components. I have just purchased a subwoofer and amp and am now looking for a head unit and front door speakers. I believe the current standard speakers are 5.25 inch but I'd ideally like to upgrade to slightly larger drivers such as 6-6.5" versions. Can anyone tell me if these larger speakers will fit easily? Will I need spacers? Do most larger speakers interfere with window function without spacers? Or is it better to just stick with 5.25" speakers for ease of installation? I need to know as I'm getting all the components together and then taking it all to a professional car audio installer. Thanks for your help.

I replaced mine with 6.5, no spacers.

Comment

Ok, thanks for that information. One last question - did they 'bolt straight in' or was some modification/fabrication necessary? And do they sound good? If so, which speakers did you go with? Thanks again.

Comment

I've got alpines type r splits amps under seat sounds really good and definately put some dynomat in doors to stop vibration

Comment

+ 1 here, 6.5" Alpines, although I did use spacers. FYI if you plan on running off a headunit only, then you'll need high sensitivity speakers (93db +) something like Focals, most others require 60RMS amp + to sound good (get cheap 2CH amp if in budget)

Also the colt doors seems to kill mid bass,dynamat is a MUST (2 door kit is best value), also seal up the holes with something rigid (real estate sign is good), line door cards with some foam (jaycar sell it), and foam ring your speakers to make a good seal with the door cards.

Comment

Been trying track down some foam rings - any hints on who sells them?

Comment

Working...
            X